This job is no longer accepting applications.
Are you insanely curious? A crack researcher and analyst? Someone who can generate loads of possible solutions while always bringing a clear POV about which one works best and why? Do you relish the chance to dive into data and learnings to unlock an insight that can solve a client’s strategic challenge? If so, we may be a great fit for each other.
Hanson Dodge is a deeply digital ad agency that helps good people and brands make the next great leap. We’re looking for a brand planner (AKA strategist) to join our team.
- Research and insight gathering – Serve as HD’s primary source for brand-building data and insights about consumers, B2B decision-makers and the marketplace. Work closely with the Chief Strategy Officer, media team members and other HD colleagues to design and execute the most effective means of uncovering compelling findings.
- Brand positioning/brand platform development – Make an invaluable contribution to HD’s efforts to solve clients’ branding challenges. Consistently bring a range of possible solutions, all of which are on-strategy based on the client’s business, and grounded in data and insights. Always bring a clear, defensible POV to internal teams on which insights, strategic options and potential unlocks are the most compelling (and why).
- Brief development - Develop insightful and well-grounded briefs to ensure HD’s creative and media teams launch from a powerful place.
- New business support – Play an important role in HD’s efforts to pitch and win new clients.
- Media team support – Collaborate with HD’s media team to deepen our understanding of our clients’ prime prospects: their demographics, psychographic and lifestyle traits, media consumption habits and preferences, and more.
- A minimum of 4-5 years of experience in a strategy and/or planning role, preferably in an agency setting, including experience playing a significant role in branding/rebranding initiatives.
- A proven ability to distill information from disparate sources into concise, actionable strategies and points of view.
- A working knowledge of proven planning and research techniques (qualitative and quantitative).
- A voracious appetite for the latest, most important trends (in culture, digital media, creative campaigns, etc.).
- A confident, engaging presenter who can captivate and inspire clients and colleagues alike.
- Experience in and passion for working with B2C and B2B clients.
- Experience working with MRI Simmons or similar consumer research services.
- A demonstrable willingness and ability to learn.
- Impeccable written and oral communication skills.
- Equally effective at working individually, being part of a collaborative, cross-functional team and being the team leader.
- Effective at managing deadlines; relentless about keeping commitments to clients and co-workers.
- Strong, confident performer capable of earning the trust of clients and co-workers.
- Embodies HD values: Passionate, Positive, Accountable, Creative, Collaborative, Curious
Regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, or disability, Hanson Dodge is committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone's talents are valued and developed to their fullest.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We’re a deeply digital advertising agency that brings fresh ideas to each area of our expertise. At HD, the creative and the innovative link arms and ...