MoveOn Request for Proposals - Progressive Power Summit Issue and Organizing Skills Training
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Does this organization have a Black ERG?
Friday September 10th, 2021 at 5pm EST
MOVEON REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
Project: MoveOn Progressive Power Summit Issue and Organizing Skills Training
Proposals accepted on a rolling basis until: 5 p.m. ET on Friday, September 10, 2021
Project dates: ASAP – October 3, 2021
Submission instructions below.
Project overview: In the past 13 years, MoveOn members around the country have twice helped elect President Barack Obama, powered the blue wave that won back the House of Representatives from Republicans in the 2018 election cycle, and played a critical role in helping to defeat Donald Trump in 2020.
We are looking for a partner to develop & deliver an organizing skills curriculum for our MoveOn Progressive Power three-day virtual training summit, scheduled for October 1-3, 2021. The summit will be a public event open to all MoveOn staff, members, organizers, potential new volunteer recruits, and staff of partner organizations and is expected to include 3,000 to 5,000 total attendees. The MoveOn Progressive Power Summit is a three-day convening to celebrate and strategize around the historic opportunities presented by the new governing majority to build our power and collectively advance our freedom. The summit will focus on the following:
- Organizing and mobilizing skills for bold change, with tangible wins.
- Principles to build long-term power.
- Preparation of members and movement for calls to action toward election work in 2022.
Scope of work
- Design, develop, and facilitate the content/materials for one 50-minute training session that’s offered twice throughout the weekend and that includes an innovative online training and educational approach that
- centers equity and
- teaches MoveOn members to become organizers and advocates for their local communities.
- Must be willing to collaborate with, include, and empower MoveOn members and volunteers to support in facilitation during the organizing skills summit sessions.
- This contract will be awarded to the submission(s) centering equity and anti-racism.
- The training modules we are looking for are within these three buckets:
- Issue Organizing
- Ex.: Power mapping, email writing for issue campaigning, history of organizing, intergenerational organizing, anti-racist organizing, disinformation, digital organizing 101, how to create a local campaign, etc.
- Electoral Organizing
- Ex.: Basics of organizing (digital and in-person), phone-banking, text-banking, personal stories, how to run for office, working with press, etc.
- Relational Organizing
- Ex.: Effective conversations, building community, friend-mapping, etc.
- Training tactics can include the following:
- Facilitated training
- Short videos
- Resource pages
- Facilitated breakout groups
- There will be two weeks of prep work and one weekend of instruction.
- Trainings must be ready for review no later than September 20, 2021.
- Edits must be made by September 27, 2021 at 5 p.m. local time.
- Trainers must attend a dry run the week of September 27, 2021.
- Must be available to deliver training at the October 1-3 Progressive Power Summit.
Criteria for selection
- Demonstrated success in designing, developing, and delivering innovative curricula for organizers and activists.
- Demonstrated understanding of equity, especially racial equity, that is evident in the training work produced.
- Demonstrated success working and building across race, class, age, and ability.
- Experience doing the things we are asking you to develop trainings for.
- Strong proposal that includes pitches for creative training that incorporates virtual and on-the-ground skills.
- We encourage BIPOC and LGBTQ+ individuals to apply.
Proposal submissions: To be considered for this project, please submit a comprehensive proposal which includes the following information:
Background: Name, title, and contact information
Guiding principles: Tell us about your beliefs and best practices for approaching education, online learning, and distributed organizing.
Process: Explain how you would work with us, the process you would take us through, and the questions you would ask us.
Product: Include a sample curriculum based on the limited information provided.
Equity: Tell us how you would center equity in both the development process and curriculum materials.
Case studies: Please include case studies for similar work that you have done and the results achieved.
Team: Please include bios of the team that would work on this project and what their roles would be, as well as how much time they would be committing to the project.
Cost and availability: Include various budget levels and itemized costs.
References: Past clients that MoveOn may reach out to as references, with contact info.
Please also share an online Google folder of past training work samples along with your proposal. This will be treated as confidential and used only for assessing proposals.
Submission: Submit to firstname.lastname@example.org and put "MoveOn Progressive Power Summit - Organizing Content" in the subject line. Please submit no later than Tuesday, September 7, 2021.
Most favorable terms
- MoveOn reserves the right to make an award without further discussion of the proposal submitted. Therefore, the proposal should be submitted initially on the most favorable terms that the vendor could propose. There will be no best-and-final-offer procedure. MoveOn does reserve the right to contact a vendor for clarification of its proposal.
- The vendor should be prepared to accept this request for proposal for incorporation into a contract resulting from this request for proposal. Contract negotiations may incorporate some or the vendor’s entire proposal. It is understood that the proposal will become a part of the official procurement file on this matter without obligation to MoveOn.
No obligation to contract
This request for proposal does not obligate MoveOn to contract for the services specified herein.
Rejection of proposals
MoveOn reserves the right at its sole discretion to reject any and all proposals received without penalty and not to issue a contract as a result of this request for proposal.
The vendor will adopt and disseminate a policy that the vendor, in employment, recruitment, selection, compensation, benefits, promotion, demotion, layoff, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, age, sex, national origin, ethnic identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, marital status, economic status, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected basis.
Your application has been successfully submitted.