This job is no longer accepting applications.
Please share the title of the person who this role reports into
Reports to the Executive Director of Florida Watch. The Digital Director leads the Content team and sets the broader strategy to disseminate tested messaging to both partner organizations and Floridians directly via digital channels. Ultimately, the Digital Director is responsible for advancing the narrative of Florida’s progressive movement online.
We are a progressive organization with a digital-first lens. The Florida Communications & Research Hub is a partnership between Florida Watch and Progress Florida that provides communications infrastructure for Florida’s progressive organizations and coalitions. The Comms Hub leads innovative campaigns to advance progressive issues, win elections, and build a better Florida. We are driven by quantitative and qualitative research used to create engaging, authentic, and Florida-specific communications content.
Qualifications and Requirements
- 5 - 7 years experience running digital advertising programs
- 2-3 years experience as Team Lead or Department Head supervising professional staff
- Ability to think outside the box and run a data driven, yet creative, program that engages voters with compelling content that wins the hearts and minds of target audiences
- Creative writing and editing skills. People say you’re a good writer
- Nimble and quick thinker with experience working in a rapid response, campaign style environment
- Demonstrated passion for electing progressive candidates and advancing public interest-driven issues and progressive values and policy solutions
- Strong organizational skills, able to manage diverse teams and projects
- Affable and professional manner and ability to manage confidential and/or sensitive information
- Ability to get things done on a tight deadline
- A proactive, self-starter who can develop detailed plans and execute them without much oversight
- Familiarity with creative software like Adobe’s creative suite in addition to common CRMs like EveryAction, The Action Network, or ActionKit
- Knowledge of Florida’s political and electoral landscape
- Ability to buy digital media through programmatic platforms and traditional platforms like Facebook and Google is a plus
- Develop a robust, holistic digital strategy that helps to advance the overarching objectives of Florida Watch
- Set ambitious goals with clearly defined and measurable targets for all digital programs
- Work with Florida Watch and Progress Florida staff and partner organizations to convert research and messaging guidance into creative content that compels Floridians to take action to win a more progressive Florida
- Lead a diverse team of graphic designers, videographers, and digital organizers to produce content optimized for digital ads, social media, email actions, and other communication platforms
- Identify and develop new ways to source diverse forms of creative content made by others (e.g., supporters and volunteers)
- Help to define target audiences and a clear purpose for each digital channel (email, Twitter, etc.), and develop a playbook to grow each
- Develop and implement a digital paid media plan for statewide and targeted state legislative races. This will include executing digital ad buys on various platforms
- Conceptualize and execute innovative and organic digital programs and initiatives that extend beyond paid ads to reach more Florida voters in new ways (e.g., influencer campaigns)
- Assist partner organizations with their digital content strategy, social media utilization, and media plans
- Establish analytics and reporting standards to measure reach and engagement
- Run testing programs to validate the persuasive effect of creative content and the efficacy of various digital tactics
- Work with Comms Hub and partner staff on interpreting analytics and results from ongoing creative testing
- Other duties as assigned
- Travel as needed to attend meetings with partner organizations (once deemed safe to do so)
Compensation and Benefits
The salary range for this role is $80,000-$95,000 annually and will be commensurate with experience. We also offer a 401k with up to a 5% match, health (as well as life & disability) insurance, flexible work environment and paid time off. This is a permanent position with retention based on performance in the 2021 - 2022 cycle. Please send an email to email@example.com that includes a cover letter and resume. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until we find the right candidates. Reference “Digital Director” and your name in the subject line.
Florida Watch is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Additional Application Instructions
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org that includes a cover letter and resume. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until we find the right candidates. Reference “Digital Director” and your name in the subject line.
Your application has been successfully submitted.