This job is no longer accepting applications.
It has never been more important that students around the world have the tools and support to learn through digital instruction. NoRedInk helps students become better writers in more than 60% of middle and high schools in the U.S. Our adaptive curriculum engages learners by personalizing exercises to their interests, guiding them step-by-step through the writing process, and boosting their skills through differentiated practice. We’re relentlessly focused on helping all students harness the power of the written word.
Want to help millions of students become better writers? NoRedInk is hiring former English teachers, expert writers, and experienced curriculum designers to be an integral part of our Curriculum Team. If you’re looking to leverage your passion for language to help students and teachers worldwide, please read on.
In this role, you will:
- Expand our writing and grammar curriculum, using your teaching and/or writing experience to break down complex skills and design scope-and-sequences for new ELA activities
- Create engaging content, modeling strong writing for a large number of students and teachers all over the world
- Edit and improve our instructional tools, using your eye for language and empathy for students and teachers
- Research teacher and student needs, working with our design and engineering teams to eliminate teacher and student pain points
- Research the K-12 education system, becoming an expert on state and national standards and classroom models
- You have at least 2 years of teaching or writing experience. Ideally, you've taught ELA or English to grades 3-12 and have previously created grammar or writing curricula at scale (for a district, educational publisher, or ed tech company).
- You have a passion and prowess for language. You have an exceptional ear, and you can expertly tailor your message to achieve your desired impact on readers.
- You're incredibly organized and tech-savvy.
- You approach problems creatively, always keeping students and teachers in mind.
- You’re great at bringing clarity to ambiguity and creating systems to manage complex tasks.
- You're hungry to make a difference in education. You bring passion, an awesome work ethic, and an entrepreneurial mindset to all your endeavors.
- Bonus points if…
- You’re familiar with research in the learning sciences, literacy development, grammar pedagogy, or linguistics
- You have experience using qualitative and quantitative data to design curriculum, evaluate its success, and determine next steps
- You have strong opinions about user experience or visual design
- You have experience with HTML or SQL
- A competitive salary and equity package in a high-growth, well-funded startup with massive traction
- A remote-first culture that allows for flexible hours
- Excellent health, vision, and dental benefits (U.S. Only)
- A relaxed and flexible PTO policy and paid parental leave
- 401(k) (U.S. Only)
- LinkedIn Learning subscription with unlimited access to thousands of expert-led online courses
- Team retreats and events to connect with fun, talented coworkers
- Consistent modeling of our company’s core values
- The ability to help millions of students and teachers and address a critical societal need
NoRedInk is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce.
*Note: Agencies or other third-party recruiters may not submit unsolicited candidate resumes or their information to any NoRedInk employee, including a NoRedInk Recruiter, unless a contract is signed and you are given permission by the Talent Acquisition team to work on a job opening.
Your application has been successfully submitted.