Program Director, Internships and Career Services
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Please share the title of the person who this role reports into
VP of Revenue and Strategy, Deputy Director
Please share your organization's DEI commitments.
We actively work to be anti-racist, inclusive, and equitable, with a focus on the impacts of intersectional diversity.
We hold a student-centered mindset and are committed to delivering a high-quality experience that appropriately challenges students.
We are an authentic community of learners with a growth mindset.
We take accountability for our work as individuals because we are part of a team that supports and can count on each other.
We take ownership of our work: we admit to our mistakes, take responsibility for creating solutions, and consider the impact on staff and students when we make decisions.
We are impact-driven. We strive to innovate and embrace change that leads to increasing the impact of our work.
Does this organization have a Black ERG?
September 30 2021
Ada Developers Academy is a non-profit, tuition-free coding school for women and gender expansive adults. We focus on serving Black, Latine, Indigenous, and Pacific Islander communities, low income people, and members of the LGBTQIA+ community. Our program consists of two highly immersive parts: six months of focused instruction, and five months of internship at partner companies, where students refine their skills working on real-world code.
About this position
Are you an experienced Program Director who enjoys thinking strategically to build programs that scale? Do you enjoy the challenge of creating structure and process to improve efficiency? Do you enjoy managing a team of student-centered employees?
This is an exciting opportunity for a creative, driven and passionate individual who is excited to grow and scale the internship and career services program at Ada, from company engagement to internship placement to internship support and employment placement, while positively impacting the lives of aspiring and current software developers. The Program Director of Internships and Career Services will have the dual responsibility of overseeing the internship program and process as well as strategizing for the future as Ada scales. You will leverage your experience to lead the internship team, collaborating with other directors, students, staff and partner companies to ensure a successful process from beginning to end. This is a full-time position (40 hours per week) with a salary range of $95,000 - $105,000 (DOE) and excellent benefits.
- Manage, guide, and coach internship and career services staff, supporting their professional growth and development
- Conduct regular 1:1s, classroom and curriculum observations, and performance reviews for team members
- Lead weekly team meetings and daily stand ups
- Establish and uphold best practices and standards for the internship and career services team
- Participate in the hiring process of new team members
- Work cross functionally with admission, education, student support and alum to ensure an holistic and high quality experience
- Define and implement vision, goals, and objectives for the Internship and Career Services functions at Ada
- Assess current programmatic offerings and, if warranted, develop new and innovative programs to better serve the diverse needs of students, alum, and company partners.
- Work with data to regularly collect feedback from partner companies and interns in the form of surveys and one-on-one meetings; analyze data and leverage learnings to improve the internship experience for both stakeholders;
- Codify systems to allow for implementation and scale across various campuses (both digital and physical)
Internship and Career Services Experience
- Strategically create and oversee the implementation of plans for each cohort - from the beginning to the end - including staffing, communication, calendars, and opportunities to receive and implement feedback.
- Oversee and support the implementation of internship program operations from the beginning to end of the cohort, ensuring a positive and smooth experience for all stakeholders, including students/interns, company partners, volunteers, and staff, for each cohort. This includes company engagement, Interview Week and internship matching, manager onboarding and preparation, internship experience, and employment placement.
- Advise current Career Services Managers on topics including assessing skills and strengths, searching for internships and jobs, building a network, using LinkedIn, navigating career options, and refining interview skills.
- 5-7 years of experience as a Program Director in a professional environment
- 5+ years as a people or team leader (at least a team of 3)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Innate sense of ownership; thinks long-term and strategically, identifying problems and opportunities and taking initiative
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to change; ability to increase efficiency and effectiveness in a fast-paced environment that requires flexibility
- Stellar intra- and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of the tech industry landscape is a plus
- Professional or volunteer teaching experience in an educational institution or program is a plus
- Demonstrated embodiment of Ada’s values in a professional environment
We hope to be drivers of change, and believe having a team of diverse backgrounds will enable us to strengthen our impact for others. Ada is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. EOE, including disability/vets. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at email@example.com.
Your application has been successfully submitted.