Program Specialist, Internship Services
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Please share the title of the person who this role reports into
Please share your organization's DEI commitments.
We actively work to be anti-racist, inclusive, and equitable, with a focus on the impacts of intersectional diversity.
We hold a student-centered mindset and are committed to delivering a high-quality experience that appropriately challenges students.
We are an authentic community of learners with a growth mindset.
We take accountability for our work as individuals because we are part of a team that supports and can count on each other.
We take ownership of our work: we admit to our mistakes, take responsibility for creating solutions, and consider the impact on staff and students when we make decisions.
We are impact-driven. We strive to innovate and embrace change that leads to increasing the impact of our work.
Does this organization have a Black ERG?
September 30 2021
Ada Developers Academy is a non-profit, tuition-free coding school for women and gender expansive adults. We focus on serving black, latine, indigenous, and pacific islander communities, low income people, and members of the LGBTQIA+ community. Our program consists of two highly immersive parts: six months of focused instruction, and five months of internship at partner companies, where students refine their skills working on real-world code.
Ada Developers Academy is seeking a detail-oriented program specialist to steward our company partners and students through the onboarding and internship placement process. In this role, you will work closely with company partners to get them ready to take on an intern, as well as help students get to know our partners. You will work closely with the Director of Internships to set students up for success through their internship matches, and you will become the expert on our company engagement, Interview Week, and internship matching processes. This is a full-time position (40 hours per week) with a salary range of $55,000-$65,000 (DOE) and excellent benefits.
Essential Job Functions
Company Engagement and Presentations
- Get to know company partners and serve as a primary point of contact with them throughout the classroom portion of the program
- Onboard company partners and collect relevant information on the company and team level
- Work with partners to prepare and schedule presentations so that the students get an introduction to the industry and the type of work they may do in internships
- Work with Career Services Managers and the Corporate Accountability team to scheduled manager training sessions
Interview Week and Internship Placement Process
- Work with the Director of Internships and use Ada internal tools to oversee creating the Interview Week schedule and internship placements
- Utilize information collected from teams and students to create an Interview Week schedule that allow students to interview with teams that they would most likely be successful on
- Oversee and execute interviews during Interview Week and help troubleshoot anything that comes up
- Utilize Interview Week data to create an optimal internship match across the cohort
- Work closely with Director of Internships to close gaps and improve outcomes for both companies and students
- Work with the Director of Internships to set expectations with both interns and company partners at multiple times during the cohort cycle, especially around processes
- Serve as a point of contact between students, interns, and partner companies throughout the classroom of the cohort
- Work with revenue team and finance to logically manage and support in contract execution and tracking process in Salesforce
- Report key internship metrics, such as Interview Week outcomes
- Support colleagues with related work as needed
- Compile and track internship, student, and alumni data in SalesForce and be responsible for collective data integrity
- Identify and implement process improvements to streamline and document processes
- 1-3 years of experience in a program role
- Excellent organizational ability and attention to detail
- Strong ability to prioritize and execute effectively across multiple streams of work
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to change
- Strong written and verbal communications kills
- Proficiency in spreadsheets and ability to pick up new skills/tools
- Enthusiastic support of Ada’s mission and demonstrated embodiment of Ada’s values in a work environment
We hope to be drivers of change, and believe having a team of diverse backgrounds will enable us to strengthen our impact for others. Ada is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. EOE, including disability/vets. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for this position
Your application has been successfully submitted.