Earned Media Specialist
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Please share the title of the person who this role reports into
Director of Communications
Does this organization have a Black ERG?
Forbes Marketplace, sister company of Forbes Media, is looking for a PR and media relations professional to join our team and grow visibility of several newly-launched content verticals in the consumer lifestyle, business, wellness, home & living categories. The ideal candidate has a strong portfolio of reporter relationships with digital, print and broadcast media at both local and national levels, and can prioritize multiple outreach initiatives within a fast-paced environment. The role requires you to regularly collaborate internally across teams and build effective external relationships. The primary objective this person will have is to secure media coverage that aligns with our business goals. While light internal communications, press release and partnering with social media team may be required, the main focus will remain external media relations. If being at the intersection of editorial, marketing and media relations excites you, and you’re interested in making an immediate impact at a trusted brand, read on!
Your mission & responsibilities:
- Build visibility, awareness and share of voice for our brands by identifying and securing high-value digital and broadcast media opportunities
- Work with our Editorial team to develop and pitch our expert insights, commentary, content to reporters
- Help develop messaging and story angles in order to position and prep our spokespeople for successful media appearances
- Manage and prioritize outreach efforts for multiple content verticals
- Monitor, manage and respond to requests from the media
- Align and collaborate with teams on various initiatives (newsletter marketing, social media, SEO)
- Media-Savvy: You’re able to tactfully and effectively snag a reporter’s attention, maintain key media relationships and proactively identify targeted media opportunities.
- An Effective Communicator: You’re able to independently craft pitches and emails or speak to reporters and internal stakeholders in order to achieve team goals.
- A Strong Relationship Builder: You work effectively in cross-functional teams to drive results. You're thoughtful when approaching or interacting with the media at all times.
- A Strategic, Creative Thinker: You spot newsworthy trends and can quickly identify pitch angles. You ideate with teams to develop strong topics and angles that will maximize coverage potential.
- A Proactive Self-Driver: You’re skilled at planning, prioritizing and executing on multiple projects while communicating with stakeholders. You thrive under pressure and a deadline.
- Data-Driven: You're able to leverage internal reporting or business intelligence tools to inform team strategy.
- Growth-Oriented: You adapt quickly to changing news cycles, contribute new ideas within a rapidly growing business and you’re interested in learning about different areas of marketing and communications work.
- Goal-Oriented: You relentlessly prioritize and secure media hits or opportunities that will make the most impact towards our overall objectives as a team and company.
- An existing roster of lifestyle, wellness, home & living reporter relationships at top-tier media outlets
- 3+ years of combined media relations experience working at agencies, a media organization or a home, wellness or lifestyle brand
- An awareness of changes in the media landscape (national and local) and overall consumer trends
- Experience brainstorming with internal teams on newsworthy topics in the wellness, home & living, business categories
- Experience using business intelligence and data analytics tools to build effective monitoring dashboards.
- An entrepreneurial spirit in helping to build out a new business and communications program for the company
- A competitive compensation package with health, dental, vision, 401(k) benefits
- Support in creating your ideal work environment, whether it’s at home (home office subsidy) or outside of home (monthly co-working subsidy)
- Unlimited PTO / vacation time
Forbes Marketplace is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Additional Application Instructions
Please email both email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure your application is received.
Your application has been successfully submitted.