Chief Growth Officer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Please share the title of the person who this role reports into
Chief Services Officer
Please share your organization's DEI commitments.
1. Diversify Talent at All Levels and in All Functions
2. Promote an Informed Organization that Cultivates an Inclusive Culture with Equitable Systems and Practices
3. Ensure the relevance of Well’s platform across diverse members and actively
prioritize its launch in underserved communities
Note that we do not yet have a Black ERG because of the small size of our company (still early stage). We've launched our first ERG (Women+@Well) and are ready to launch any others that employees want.
Does this organization have a Black ERG?
October 1, 2021
Company: The mission of Well (https://www.well.co/) is to transform healthcare through our unique impact to our members' health and happiness. We do this through our differentiated consumer experience and world-class data and analytics engine that drive engagement and behavior change. Our product -- a consumer health engagement platform -- integrates concierge services, behavioral health, telemedicine, care management and wellness services to drive sustained engagement, lower costs and improve the health of members. In addition to our product, we know our team makes us unique. We’re a highly diverse and engaged organization whose employees are passionate about the mission of the company and whose management is passionate about the employees.
Note that all new hires at Well are required to adhere to the COVID Vaccination Requirement Policy.
Position Title: Chief Growth Officer
Reporting To: Chief Services Officer
We’re looking for a dynamic and collaborative individual to lead and be responsible for all sales and business development efforts for Well. This position will interact directly with potential employer clients, benefits brokers and other prospective Well customers with the goal of winning new customers and significantly growing Well’s membership. Well’s platform is built to service members regardless of channel (e.g., B2B/employer, direct to consumer, our health equity initiatives, etc.), and this position will lead our growth efforts across all of the channels that we service. In addition, this position will build and manage a world class sales and business development team.
The role will require a significant portion of time traveling to meet with prospective clients and build/maintain relationships with the broker community. We prefer the individual to reside in Chapel Hill, NC or Boston, MA but living in one of those two places is not a requirement.
- Lead sales and business development efforts for Well and be accountable for membership growth across all sales channels (e.g., employers, brokers, and others)
- Develop and deploy opportunity and channel specific sales and business development strategies
- Conduct virtual and in person demonstrations of the Well platform
- Prepare prospective customer pitch and marketing materials
- Coordinate and finalize RFP responses and client proposals working with various internal Well stakeholders as needed (e.g., Finance for pricing)
- Collaborate with Well Client Services for implementation and ongoing account management handoffs
- Negotiate and finalize customer contracts in partnership with Well’s legal team
- Develop and maintain prospective client and benefits broker relationships
- Maintain and update the sales and business development pipeline
- Build and manage the Well sales and business development team; provide strategic direction and leadership to team members including coaching and mentoring. Manage performance of team members, drive talent development and build bench for key roles
- 10+ years of B2B business development, sales, and/or brokerage experience
- Experience with health & wellbeing benefits required
- Experience building teams from the ground up including budgeting/planning, hiring and developing/implementing training, as well as managing and developing talent
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, including formal presentations for all levels of management combined with strong collaboration and influencing abilities
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Flexibility in work schedule is required; travel required
Well is an Equal Opportunity and seeks Diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to perceived race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. We seek diversity and encourage individuals from underrepresented groups to apply.
For more information on working at Well, check out our Grow@Well page.
Your application has been successfully submitted.