Growth Product Manager (Remote) at MoveOn
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Full-time • Competitive pay • Excellent benefits • Work from anywhere in the contiguous United States
Apply here: https://grnh.se/968cc5911us
Application Deadline: September 28, 2021 at 6pm EST.
Applications may be accepted on a rolling basis until the job is filled.
MoveOn is a diverse and vibrant community of millions of people working together to create progressive change in America. We are an innovative campaigning organization that supports people throughout the country to take action through driving impactful campaigns that influence the behavior of people and institutions, shape the outcomes of elections, and expand the realities of what’s possible. We organize to challenge entrenched power, while pursuing economic, racial, and social justice and a vision of a country in which everyone can thrive.
MoveOn has a vital role to play in securing progress during the Biden-Harris administration and in organizing the grassroots to set up election wins in 2021, 2022, and beyond. We are building a powerful, multiracial, and economic populist movement and fighting for progress on health care, climate, racial justice, and more. In service of that mission, in 2021 and beyond, MoveOn will drive impactful, movement-connected, multichannel, nimble campaigns aimed at impact.
MoveOn members and grassroots donors are the heart of MoveOn’s organizing power. We are looking for a Growth Product Manager to join the Product team to drive roadmap development and execution to improve member and donor acquisition, retention, and continued engagement. This role will work closely with email strategists, mobile innovators, fundraisers, designers, operations, and engineers to turn member feedback into real product improvements or new MVPs and will be critical for growing and retaining MoveOn’s millions of members and donors in 2021 and beyond. Big ideas are welcome: There’s room to drive digital innovation with a multidisciplinary team and create the next breakthrough in fundraising and advocacy tech.
- Manage the roadmaps for MoveOn’s fundraising and growth-related digital products in order to acquire and retain donors and members and improve their experience.
- Partner on feature prioritization, drive decisions, and ensure timely progress toward implementation.
- Work collaboratively to design, test, and launch key features or tools, including supporting onboarding, proactively identifying and managing risks, managing QA, and measuring and communicating impact.
- Manage one Web Designer, one engineering contractor, and other engineers’ capacity to accomplish product goals.
- Conduct market research, interviews, and user testing—and analyze learnings to identify pain points and opportunities to grow and retain MoveOn’s donor and member base.
- Work closely with the Analytics team to run experiments, analyze member data, propose key performance indicators, and develop tracking dashboards and reports to identify opportunities and understand impact.
- Gather requirements and draft detailed user stories, acceptance criteria, and other documentation to support technical implementation and QA.
- Lead cross-team and cross-organization coordination to share learnings from experiments, brainstorm new ideas, and build internal alignment with priorities.
- Stay on top of emerging digital trends and propose and test new growth, retention, and fundraising avenues.
- Generally act as a thought partner for data-informed and rapid testing and conversion rate optimization.
A successful candidate will ...
- Default to learning: Create well-designed experiments to test assumptions, learn more quickly, and provide honest and detailed analysis to justify final recommendations.
- Ruthlessly prioritize: Incorporate diverse and sometimes conflicting feedback to propose and defend decisions, and set high thresholds for interrupting current projects.
- Be tech- and data-savvy: Have deep technical and analytical expertise (no coding required), orienting toward data-informed product decisions and proactively identifying and mitigating technical and security risks.
- Champion human-centered design: Demonstrate empathy for users and creatively solve problems through brainstorming and testing solutions directly with members.
- Communicate across differences: Have strong communication and writing skills, including being able to translate between technical and nontechnical audiences, surface tensions, drive to understanding, and make good use of management structures.
- Think big and small: Have keen attention to detail and a highly dependable work ethic, including the ability to work well under pressure within a fast-paced, high-performing team and get deep into the weeds of a technical project while maintaining focus on the larger strategy.
- Believe in MoveOn’s mission: Show interest in working toward a country where everyone can thrive, in democratizing technology, and in progressive activism, advocacy, campaigning, organizing, or politics.
Required skills and experience
- Previous experience building and executing a product roadmap for consumer growth, retention, and/or revenue, ideally with millions of users (minimum 3 years).
- Previous management experience and commitment to coaching and developing supervisees and colleagues.
- Strong qualitative and quantitative research and analysis skills, including market research, user testing, A/B and multivariate testing, and familiarity with basic SQL and statistics.
- Experience making sense of complex customer data to propose effective product strategy and demonstrate impact.
- Experience partnering on setting product vision and planning, coordinating, executing, and evaluating product or feature launches from beginning to end and across technical and nontechnical teams.
- Strong equity analysis and demonstrated understanding of, commitment to, and prioritization of racial justice, social justice, and accessibility, as well as experience working effectively with different constituencies.
- Self-directedness—MoveOn is a virtual office, and while you will interact with your colleagues constantly, you will be driving your own workflow and output. Excellent personal organization and time management skills are key.
Reports to: Product Director
Location: Position may be based anywhere in the contiguous United States. May require occasional travel.
Salary and benefits: At MoveOn, we commit to equity in our compensation philosophy and practices. We are committed to equal pay for equal work. To counter systemic pay inequality and compensation issues in this country, we have a nonnegotiable compensation practice. We utilize benchmarking and peer organization data to ensure we provide competitive nonprofit compensation and benefits. The salary for this position is $114K. In addition to the base salary, we offer a minimum $2,500 annual home office subsidy based on your home location. We also offer an internet and phone subsidy of $2,100 and a health and wellness subsidy of $900 annually. All of these cash benefits are added to your bimonthly paycheck. We offer strong medical, dental, and vision benefits which are free to employees and children of employees (spouses or domestic partners can be added at a subsidized rate). We offer employer-paid premiums for life insurance; four weeks accrued paid vacation time per year, prorated for the period that you work; 18 weeks of paid parental leave (birth, adoption, foster care placement of a child); 10 days accrued paid sick time prorated for the period that you work; paid family medical leave; and 8 staff holidays and 6 floating holidays. We contribute 5% to your 401(k) after six months of employment. We also offer $1K in professional development budget each year for each staff member.
MoveOn.org Civic Action and MoveOn.org Political Action provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Your application has been successfully submitted.