Associate Sales Rep
This job is no longer accepting applications.
HarperCollins Publishers is seeking an Associate Sales Rep, Premium Sales for the Special Markets department. This position will be responsible for working with new and existing accounts to secure premium, promotional, and corporate sales for both adult and children’s titles to consumer-packaged goods, food and beverages, games, apparel, pharmaceuticals, communications providers, software, and financial services.
- Manage custom printing from sale to printing and delivery of finished books for Premium Sales.
- Work closely with internal colleagues (editorial, marketing, publicity, and inventory) and external contacts to maximize each title’s potential in the marketplace, overall sales, and market share with key accounts.
- Responsible for selling on a monthly/seasonal basis and conduct in-person and virtual seasonal previews.
- Create and maintain a monthly forecast for each account and communicate in a constructive manner the opportunities and challenges.
- Craft targeted pitches, business development emails, and seasonal PowerPoint title and theme presentations.
- Daily functions will include maintaining contact with existing accounts and establishing new relationships to secure ongoing new business.
- Presenting to key accounts on a seasonal basis.
- Candidate must have at least three years of publishing experience, preferably in Special Markets or Custom Publishing
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be a highly organized individual who has the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Attention to detail is required
- Candidate should be proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
This role is currently based out of New York, New York. You will need to commute to the office when it reopens.
HarperCollins Publishers is a company full of people who are passionate about books. When you apply for a position, we want to know why you want to work here, and why you are interested in the job. That's why cover letters are strongly preferred.
HarperCollins is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter on our website: https://careers-harpercollins.icims.com/jobs/3783/associate-sales-rep/job
Your application has been successfully submitted.