Front End Web Developer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Online education is no longer a novel or niche idea. It is the fastest-growing segment in higher education, accounting for 20% of all enrollees and 35% of graduate-level certificates and degrees. It's also getting increasingly competitive, as more and better programs are launched each semester. Universities need to go online quickly, economically, and elegantly, creating programs that students can't wait to tell their friends about and that their professors want to teach.
Noodle helps universities bring programs online with flexibility, transparency, alignment, efficiency, and joy. That's why more top universities chose us last year than all other online program managers combined. We are a passionate team of technologists, educators, and experts. Online learning has the potential to transform higher education; if you’re interested in being part of that journey, keep reading!
About the Role:
As our Front-end Developer you will:
- Creating mobile first & responsive designs, efficiently and accurately
- Maintain a well-documented codebase across several multi-site WordPress installations
- Optimizing web pages for maximum speed and scalability
- Utilizing a variety of markup languages to write web pages
- Maintaining brand consistency throughout the design
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Use languages like HTML, CSS, JS/jQuery to create user-friendly web pages
- Collaborate with back-end developers and web designers to improve the usability
- Work alongside other web developers to keep all projects running smoothly
- Partner with our design team by sharing UX suggestions and advising on the technical feasibility of their ideas
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies and continually expand WordPress development skills
- 5+ years of WordPress experience, including a solid understanding of PHP/MySQL, core WordPress functions, custom themes, custom post types and effective plugins
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as fluency and ease when communicating technical language to clients and team members
- A strong sense of best coding practices, as per the WordPress Codex
- The ability to write clean front-end code that’s responsive, cross-browser compatible, maintainable, scalable and built from Figma files
- Precise attention to detail in reviewing and implementing designs
- Familiarity with the Bootstrap framework
- Extensive experience working with ACF or Custom Meta Fields for CMS customizations
- A love of troubleshooting and comfort with the process of bug-hunting
- An ingrained understanding of UX best practices
- A strong appreciation for the value of git versioning practices and code consistency
- Experience working with Sass as a primary tool for CSS
- The ability to code JS with or without jQuery, as needed
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to function well in a self-directed, team-oriented environment
- Must be a team player that also can work independently, escalating issues when appropriate
Bonus Points If You Have Experience...
- With basic command line navigation
- A familiarity with WCAG accessibility standards
- Working with Github Actions for git push deployments
- Working with other developers, both teammates and contractors
- Working with Google Search Console and/or SEO
- Doing work for non-profit and/or education organizations
- Working with a small and mighty team
At Noodle, we hire people who will help us change the future of online education. Even if you don't think you check off every bullet point on this list, we still encourage you to apply! We value both current experience and future potential
- Work from our beautiful NYC office! OR Work from the comfort of your home office!
- Great compensation package!
- 401K + match, bonus potential, and equity opportunities
- Tools you need on us! Mac is our computer of choice
- Our insurance plan offers medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability coverage, plus supplementals for all employees and dependents
- 12 weeks paid Parental Leave
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- 3 weeks paid vacation + 10 paid holidays + paid sick leave
- Monthly Gym Stipend and Membership to premium medical services like One Medical and Eden Health
- Monthly cell phone and internet stipend
- Annual education stipend for lifelong learning
- Growth - we pride ourselves on creating environments where employees can be themselves and grow within and around the company
Noodle is committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone. We value and celebrate our differences because those differences are what make our team shine. We hire great people from different backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes us stronger as a whole. Women, people of color, LGBTQIA2S+ individuals, and members of other underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply. Noodle is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.