Public Relations Manager North America
This job is no longer accepting applications.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a lean, spirited, hard-working and hands-on global team of communications professionals charged with elevating the brand, products and services of Getty Images and iStock.
Who You Are: You are a creative communications professional keen to work on impactful, meaningful campaigns within a purpose-led organisation. You have experience leading on successful public relations and corporate communications initiatives both with business and media/marketing/advertising media.
You are passionate about storytelling and relish the challenge to showcase Getty Images and iStock as the leaders in visual communications, harnessing the power of imagery and technology to continually innovate and move the world.
You have strong existing media contacts and are committed to excellence in your writing and day-to-day interactions and responsibilities. You can effectively manage long- and short-term objectives whilst hijacking breaking news and daily developments to position iStock and Getty Images as the top industry thought leaders. An ability to multi-task and juggle competing priorities from across the business is essential.
You will lead our public relations and CSR activity in the US, helping to build and execute communications campaigns in support of our business objectives by ensuring that journalists and other key audiences understand our business objectives You are an extraordinary storyteller and will help identify how, when and to which audiences to engage. We seek a creative self-starter who inspires confidence!
You can navigate the demands of working for a fast-moving, complex global organization with diverse constituencies, and are forward thinking and able to create and cultivate innovative PR opportunities. You thrive in a lively environment that is rarely the same from one week to the next. You’re a team player working well as part of a global small but mighty PR team yet are comfortable working independently as the PR lead for the US market.
- Devise and deliver US public relations and CSR strategies for Getty Images & iStock.
- Lead and work closely with external PR agencey to develop highly effective and measurable media, influencer and industry relations strategies in the US.
- Directly interact and establish relationships with journalists, media outlets, industry peers, and other external stakeholders to drive thought-leadership and brand awareness
- Differentiate Getty Images and iStock from our competitors via innovative storytelling which raises awareness of our position as industry leader and drives greater understanding of our full range of products and services to key audiences – both media/marketing/advertising and business press.
- Develop cross-functional partnerships with colleagues from different teams across the company, in different countries and timezones, to develop and reinforce our positioning and presence in media.
- Consistently deliver excellent written communications.
- Create and drive PR strategies around regional industry events.
What You Will Need:
- BA in Communications, Journalism, English, Marketing or a related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a comparable PR/communications for a multi-national, creative, media or PR agency.
- Established relationships with press and key industry professionals.
- Creative and compelling writer.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and project management skills including budget management.
- Clever, innovative personality. Appetite for an exciting opportunity; ready to roll up your sleeves and dig in!
- A self-starter, able to run with projects with (at times) minimal direction
- Experience managing (or working within) an external PR agency, coupled with the ability to execute media activity directly without agency support.
- Great relationship-building skills and the ability to work within a team environment across different time zones.
- Flexible, adaptable and open: able to juggle multiple projects at once and unfazed by change whenever it happens.
- Proven track record in transforming business initiatives, announcements and ideas into PR opportunities and coverage in diverse media.
- Experience working with senior management.
- Crisis and issues management.
Who We Are: Getty Images is one of the most trusted and esteemed sources of visual content in the world, with over 435 million assets including photos, videos, and music, available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in nearly every country in the world and is the first-place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful visual content from the world’s best photographers and videographers. Getty Images works with over 360,000 contributors and hundreds of image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 160,000 news, sport and entertainment events each year, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world’s deepest digital archive of historic photography.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Moving the World