Associate Director, Drexel Solutions Institute
Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, a comprehensive global research university and a major engine for economic development in the region. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
The Associate Director identifies, solicits, and stewards corporate relationships that support the Drexel Solution Institute’s (DSI) needs, and helps drive DSI’s corporate relations program which aims to increase corporate relations and build key partnerships in support of Drexel University’s strategic priorities.
- Identify and facilitate opportunities for DSI to deepen relationships with existing and new partners
- Use Salesforce to build database and develop transparency of corporate activity throughout Drexel
- Forecast and meet all deadlines while responding to daily inquiries and requests from clients and partners
- Maintain, develop, and identify relationships with businesses regarding the partnership with DSI through outreach, organizing meetings, facilitating opportunities, and implementing strong communications
- Identify and cultivate prospective partners; managing a vibrant portfolio of corporate relationships
Proposal Development and Reporting
- Communicate and customize presentations to partners to share opportunities and develop partnership plans
- Develop materials (emails, letters of interest, pitches, PowerPoint presentations) to support client relations
- Responsible for the preparation of ad-hoc and standard reports that can be shared with university stakeholders
- Develop strategic relationships with corporations by identifying business interests that match university priorities and faculty projects
- Develop a professional network through membership and active participation in relevant associations, listservs and professional development organizations
- Update and track client relationships and information using Salesforce
- Develop and implement a workplan that complements and supports DSI’s mission and vision.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2 years of successful experience in higher education development, corporate development, or related field, with a strong preference for strategic partnership development experience.
- Masters preferred
- Experience with Salesforce, Microsoft Office & Teams, virtual meeting platforms and database tools highly desirable
- Proven skills communicating with individuals at all levels - from students to CEOs
- Superior communications and organizational skills
- Ability to manage complex time-sensitive projects with competing deadlines
- Excellent follow through and attention to detail
- Independent decision-making and sound judgment handling confidential material
- Ability to work collaboratively and build consensus among individuals with competing priorities
- Experience in using Salesforce
- Ability to respond to RFIs and RFPs as well as curate content as part of a proposal process
- Expertise in communications concepts, practices, strategies, and tactics based on understanding of key audiences and corporate objectives
University City – Philadelphia, PA
This position is classified as exempt with a salary grade of L. For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will begin once a suitable candidate pool is identified.
Your application has been successfully submitted.