Senior Digital Designer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
CafeMedia is looking for a full-time Senior Digital Designer to work with our new publisher services team. We’re launching a new service offering to provide email marketing to our top-tier platinum publishers to help them create engaged subscribers that open/click emails that drive more page views to their site which means more ad impressions and revenue.
The Senior Digital Designer will work closely with some of our top publishers designing and building emails in multiple ESPs, creating beautiful opt-in forms on multiple platforms, and refreshing existing assets. You will be working on a variety of different projects for some of the fastest-growing food sites and publishers. We’re looking for a designer who will explore new design styles, try different visual approaches, and constantly think outside the box. This is an opportunity to join a growing team in a fast growing and successful company. This position reports to the SVP, Brand and will work hand in hand with the VP, Publisher Solutions.
What you’ll be doing
- Creating compelling, relevant, and meaningful design - emails, landing pages and opt-in forms with little or no design guidance.
- Maintaining high standards and ensures only the best work is released to the client.
- Working on multiple client projects, prioritizing as needed and efficiently managing time.
- Being the primary contact with publishers on an ongoing basis for all design projects from beginning through completion.
The skills and experience you’ll bring to the job
- 7-10 years of experience
- Experience in a customer facing capacity and enjoys working directly with clients.
- Lead and execute email production from concept to final HTML coding.
- Expert level experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Mailchimp, Convertkit, and other leading ESP’s - creating email templates, email campaigns, RSS feed emails
- Comfortable designing for dark mode
- QA test and adjust email designs as needed across all platforms
- Detail-oriented with a great eye for design—you easily follow brand guides, content outlines, and pull a brand’s styling from their website.
- Ability to work comfortably with brand guides and style guides without direct client interaction
- Ability to prioritize your workload to accommodate clients that need a quick turn-around
- Refine and adjust processes as business and creative needs change
- Experience with web-based Content Management Systems
- You are creative and technical and love to figure out how to integrate apps, find new tools and make the design process as streamlined as possible
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS
These would be great to have, too…
- You’re a foodie and love working with food-related assets.
- Experience working as a Digital Designer in an agency setting with a full client load
- Experience working with web-based apps (Figma, Google Fonts, Typekit, Opt-in Monster, JustUno, etc)
- Knowledgeable and up to date on current email best practices
- Experience with video editing to create short GIFs for emails using content pulled from stories or YouTube videos
CafeMedia’s mission is to build a creator-first future. We empower the world’s best creators and independent publishers to grow thriving businesses for the long term. Under our CafeMedia and AdThrive brands, we manage digital advertising sales and technology and a growing number of services for more than 3,000 creators and independent publishers. We make it easy for them to focus on what they do best — produce great content.
Our passion and expertise have made us a leader in advertising and creator services. Today we rank as the 10th largest digital property in the U.S. and #1 in Food, Family, Home, and Lifestyle--with a reach of nearly 175M monthly unique visitors in the U.S. alone.
To learn more about working at CafeMedia, visit: https://cafemedia.com/careers/
CafeMedia is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe we are most impactful when people with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and identities come together with common purpose. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. CafeMedia is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please reach out to a member of our recruiting team.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We're building a creator first future