This job is no longer accepting applications.
Salary: $70,000 - $95,000
We are looking for an experienced Senior Accountant to oversee general accounting operations by controlling and verifying our financial transactions.
Senior Accountant responsibilities include reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining general ledger and preparing month-end close procedures. A successful Senior Accountant combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports and forecasts.
Senior Accountant duties also include ensuring accuracy and effectiveness in all of our accounting tasks.
This role is not part of the bargaining unit.
- Manage Justworks payroll system, including running payroll reports, classifying data, and reviewing for errors
- Execute payments to contractors, staff, and managers
- Book employee travel as necessary, or delegate
- Work closely with the People and Culture director in the selection of benefits systems including but not limited to: HRA, FSA, 401k, health insurance, vision insurance, and dental insurance
- Ensure financial compliance with collective bargaining agreement policies
- Ensures the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions.
- Assign income and expenses to states as necessary for tax purposes
- Reconcile credit card payments on a monthly basis
- Close each month in Quickbooks and update budgets and trackers
- Pay federal, state and local taxes
- Develop new or amended accounting systems, programs, and procedures
- Perform other accounting duties and support junior staff as required or assigned
- Analyze and approve bank transactions and transfers
- Manage lines of credit and keep them paid on time
- Close out escrow accounts for advertising clients
- Pay essential bills on time before the due date
- Craft budgets for departments and entire company in coordination with team leaders and partners
- Create monthly, quarterly and annual financial projections
- Work with CPA firm to file taxes on time and provide information monthly, quarterly and annually ahead of filings
- Fill out 1099 forms for clients
- Generate contracts from templates, or work with lawyers, and send through DocuSign
- Pay bonuses, schedule and pay anniversary payments
- Publicize employee data per collective bargaining agreement
- Manage and approve reimbursements for staff in accordance with collective bargaining agreement, including using Expensify
- Manage business licenses, office lease, utilities and various business insurances
- Invoice clients on a monthly and daily basis
- Ensure client invoices are collected by due date
- Avoids legal challenges by complying with legal requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or relevant financial degree
- 4+ years of accounting experience
- Working knowledge of tax laws and generally accepted accounting principles
- Strong financial analysis skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience with Quickbooks, particularly Quickbooks Online
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly with Excel
- Proficiency in Google’s G Suite, particularly with Google Sheets
- Ability to train and manage staff
- Ability to work with little to no supervision
Salary and Benefits
- Salary starts between $70,000 - $95,000
- Profit sharing plan: share in the growth and success of Middle Seat
- $50 mobile phone subsidy monthly
- Regular raises
- 100% coverage for health, dental and vision
- Mental health expense subsidy
- 6% employer match on your 401k retirement account
- 20 paid vacation days off, plus your birthday and work anniversary off
- Unlimited sick leave
- Commuter benefits for public transportation
- Flexible work from home schedule (or work in our D.C. office)
- 12 weeks of paid leave for new parents
We are committed to building a diverse and passionate team. We encourage creative-minded individuals with a strong technical aptitude to apply for this position. Women, people of color, and LGBTQ+ individuals are encouraged to apply.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We support campaigns, organizations, and causes fighting for racial justice, climate action, immigrant rights, intersectional feminism, economic justi...