Our Brand Director plays a lead role in defining and communicating the Free Association brand to the world. They bring extensive experience building and evolving digital-first brands — household names and/or exciting new ventures. This is a strategic-minded, creative leader with a visual design background who understands the digital product design space. They love to flex between early stage concepting, copywriting, art direction and detailed visual design execution.
This role reports to our Managing Partner and collaborates closely with our Marketing Director to create agency communications, marketing programs, branded assets and identity guidelines. At times they will support our client partnership teams as well, by exploring ways we can make their digital products shining examples of their brand.
Lead the ongoing evolution of Free Association's agency brand
- Visual system (identity, type, color, spacing, graphic elements, photography, etc.)
- Voice & tone
- Brand principles, guidelines, and templates to onboard our team
Lead design and copywriting for Free Association's branded assets
- Website www.freeassociation.com
- Portfolio case studies (visual and interactive storytelling to promote our best work)
- Presentation system (our suite of slide templates in Pitch)
- Profile creative (e.g. social, communications and recruiting platforms)
- Branded collateral
Lead creative concepts and execution for agency marketing communications and initiatives.
- Social media channels (e.g. end-to-end process for posts to Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Medium)
- Sub-branding for recurring content programming (e.g. FA Voices content series)
- Pro-bono partnership creative
- Custom website landing pages
Join our client partnerships for moments focused on product branding and visual design direction.
- The primary focus of this role will be on Free Association's own brand and marketing creative, but we will also find moments to leverage brand wisdom within our partnership teams to help set a vision for how brand could show up through product UI/UX.
- 7+ years of experience building brands and marketing creative
- Graphic design portfolio spanning a wide range of creative channels, e.g. print and digital
- Art direction for photography, motion design and video
- Experience executing marketing creative, considering audiences and promotional strategy
- Copywriting and editing support for brand positioning statements and marketing communications
- Proficiency in a broad array of design applications — Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite
- Extremely organized, from documentation to file layers to directory structures
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- A track record of helping companies achieve growth through continuous improvement
- Strong interest and understanding of the digital product design space
- Optimistic and enthusiastic, drawing energy from big challenges
- 6+ weeks PTO
- 12 weeks Paid Parental Leave with flexible return
- 3% Company Contribution to your 401k
- Monthly Employee Stipend
- Remote Set-Up Allowance
- Premium Apple hardware and customized software set-up
- +many other great benefits to support you & your family!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The future is free