This job is no longer accepting applications.
Tally makes people less stressed and better off financially. We've built the first fully automated debt manager to help people overcome credit card debt. Currently at Series C with $92MM in funding and backing from top investors including Andreessen Horowitz and Kleiner Perkins, we are a team that is democratizing financial services to put billions of dollars back in people’s pockets. Tally’s vision is to automate people’s entire financial lives so they can worry about money less and do what they love more.
Tally’s engineering team is growing, and we are looking for engineers who are passionate about building products that genuinely make a difference. As part of the Tally Engineering team, you’ll be working with driven and empathetic team members who believe in embracing modern architectures. We work with innovative technologies and cutting edge architectural patterns. We value deploying rapidly but also take great care to balance quality with velocity.
We are currently looking to expand our Backend, Web, Data, Site Reliability and Security Engineering teams. If you’re interested in building products that make people less stressed and better off financially through full financial automation, we would love to hear from you.
Core Technologies: Check out our careers page at meettally.com/careers to learn more about our core technologies specific to each engineering function
- Drive implementation of key product and technology initiatives with a high degree of technical complexity; set the standard for engineering excellence.
- Actively participate in product and engineering design reviews; probe assumptions, illuminate pitfalls, and foster shared understanding. Align teams toward coherent architectural strategies.
- Mentor, and collaborate with other engineering team members
- Work on cross functional teams on at least one of Web, iOS, Android, and Backend platforms
- Dive deep into our user metrics and help identify key opportunities and strategies to capture the massive opportunity available to our product
- Work closely with engineering leaders helping them understand skill and technology gaps, up-leveling the capabilities and quality of our engineering organization.
In this role we value:
- Passion for solving complex problems in consumer finance
- Experienced software engineer who has overseen design and implementation of cross-platform solutions
- Proven ability to operate effectively and autonomously across multiple teams
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Empathy: be willing to place themselves in the shoes of our customers, as well as their peers
- Candidness: Being able to speak up in a constructive and respectful manner. We welcome feedback
- Ownership: we’re all in this together. Building the financial automation of the future is a challenge that requires all of us to pitch in
A message from our leadership:
"One of our core values at Tally is 'Change shoes often.' We do this with our peers and our customers every day, and we want candidates to share in our commitment to empathy. Empathy really is the foundation of inclusion, and Tally prides itself in being a company that prioritizes inclusion and diversity. We’re dedicated to creating a workplace culture where people are included and treated equitably."
Jason Brown, Cofounder and CEO
Your application has been successfully submitted.