This job is no longer accepting applications.
Ascend’s online leadership program empowers a community of women with the skills to build confidence, 10x their performance, and get promoted. Ascenders have used their program learnings to drive results and move up faster at companies like Google, LinkedIn, Slack, Pinterest, Peloton, Starbucks, Coca-Cola, Accenture, Hopin, and many more. Forbes feature on Ascend. We've primarily grown via word of mouth and are at an inflection point with massive opportunities in a fast-growing space. Join us to make a big impact!
We're seeking a great writer and/or content marketer who is excited about building from scratch, having a ton of ownership, and empowering women.
As Content Lead, you’ll own our content creation and strategy to organically add value to our community and realize Ascend's mission to elevate more women into leadership. You'll focus on thought leadership content instead of optimizing key words. We’ve grown quickly primarily via word of mouth. We’re at an inflection point - you’ll help shape the go-to-market strategy to drive impact at a larger scale. While content marketing will be your primary focus, you’ll help support the leadership program to deliver a best-in-class experience.
Check out my interview here where I talk about Ascend's mission, what your day-to-day will look like to create thought leadership content, Ascend's community, and why this role is super unique.👇
We're growing quickly. You'll initially wear many hats in this role, including:
- Lead editorial content calendar and strategy across multiple channels: email campaigns, newsletter, webinars, social media, and future channels (e.g. podcasts).
- Develop and execute inspiring and effective copy across marketing and product experiences to ensure our audiences are engaged and supported at every step.
- Ideate unique and memorable ways to connect with our audience across a multitude of channels, platforms, and formats.
- Manage day-to-day program logistics. This includes supporting live program sessions, keeping resources up to date, and managing member questions.
- Collaborate with the team to continue to deliver a transformative program experience.
This describes you:
- You're a great writer and/or have built a social media following. Alternatively, you have experience as an independent writer / blogger, copywriter, or content marketer. Years of experiences matters less than what you've done to date.
- Ascend’s mission to elevate more women into leadership excites you.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, along with copywriting and proofreading skills.
- People person. You get energy from connecting and supporting awesome women.
- Hyper organized. You can manage multiple priorities while maintaining strict attention to details.
- Have a growth mindset and take responsibility for your successes and failures.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and want to build from scratch.
- Proactive self-starter and ready for a ton of ownership on a small team.
- Bonus: Experience building an audience on social media.
- Value and actively promote diversity.
Additional role information:
This remote role is full-time with potential for increased responsibility including people management. We can create a flexible schedule that meets the program and your needs - timings vary between 7:30am - 6pm PT. That said, during launches we’re in high-gear and things get busy so it’s helpful that our team is flexible and available as needed. You’ll report to Shivani Berry, CEO & Founder of Ascend. Employee status if in the US (contractor if in other countries, may convert to employee in the future). Competitive pay. Includes health benefits. Access to numerous professional development trainings to help you grow.
Don’t meet all the requirements? Apply anyway! We look for core values alignment first and foremost. If you believe you have the grit and curiosity to be successful in this role, we’d love to hear from you.
Your application has been successfully submitted.