Administrative Assistant to VP Marketing and Publicity
The Administrative Assistant works to support the Vice President of marketing and publicity on all day to day activities in a fun, creative, and fast-paced department. This role also works with all members of the marketing team in the day to day functions that make the department run.
- Maintains meeting schedule for the VP of Marketing, and works to keep day flowing and appointments on-schedule.
- Schedule large seasonal, biweekly, and weekly departmental meetings for the department, serve as communication between departments and inside/outside vendors.
- Sets agendas and circulates information for a variety of regular meetings.
- Maintains year-long schedule for entire department.
- Gathers information and sends monthly internal Marketing News highlighting campaigns from the entire department.
- Manages expense reports for VP.
- Liaises with marketing team to allocate purchases on departmental purchase card with appropriate budget codes.
- Locates and provides reading materials, books and sales materials to the VP as needed.
- Coordinates Take Your Child to work day and other in-house events/celebrations.
- Pitch in on administrative work across the entire department as needed on a daily basis.
- Manages and updates various distros, databases, and directories.
- Creates PowerPoint presentations for team meetings as needed.
- Maintains and protects operations by keeping information strictly confidential.
- Facilitates communication within the team related to corporate initiatives such as charity events, training opportunities, and key deliverables.
- Updates and maintains a list of pertinent ‘new marketing employee’ information tailored to new department personnel and helps onboard new personnel.
- Works with facilities to secure conference rooms for events.
- Manages in-house storage for marketing.
- Maintains office supplies inventory.
- Welcomes guests by greeting them, in person/phone; answers or directs inquiries.
- Pitch in with marketing teams as needed.
- Plans and schedules all travel for VP, including purchase of airline and train tickets and making hotel reservations.
- Candidate should be extremely organized, detail-oriented, and demonstrate the ability to problem-solve
- Candidate should have 4 plus years work experience assisting someone in a management position
- Must be able to work independently and set priorities
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills required
- Strong computer skills necessary; PC familiarity is essential; Knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint essential
- Copy-editing and writing skills needed
- Candidate should enjoy maintaining schedules and organization and keeping the marketing team on-track
- College degree or equivalent work experience required
- Sense of humor and ability to take on a variety of last minute, unexpected projects a plus!
This role is currently based out of New York, New York. You will need to commute to the office when it reopens.
HarperCollins Publishers is a company full of people who are passionate about books. When you apply for a position, we want to know why you want to work here, and why you are interested in the job. That’s why cover letters are strongly preferred.
HarperCollins is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Your application has been successfully submitted.