Lead Software Architect
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Want to work for one of the fastest-growing companies on the Fortune 500? Continue reading!
The Lead Software Architect is responsible for our engineering organization's technical direction. The Lead Software Architect manages the Architecture Team which guides engineers in the creation of complex systems and ensures teams are accountable for adhering to our organizational standards. They represent our engineering organization across and outside the company and stay connected with the latest industry trends. The Lead Software Architect directs Software Architects and Principal Engineers to craft and execute our fundamental technical direction.
The Lead Software Architect reports to the Head of Engineering
· Acts in the capacity of a manager for Software Architects and Principal Engineers
· Leads the Architecture team to collaboratively craft and realize the vision of our technical roadmap
· Create and execute processes that ensure all teams are delivering high-quality software in a consistent fashion, without restricting creativity. Is chiefly responsible for how the discipline of Architecture drives our organization
· Represent the engineering organization across the company, and act as an ambassador to the overall tech community
· Sets policies that drive how vendor selection and integration with 3rd party software providers is approached
· Is a champion in the creation of world-class, audience-appropriate documentation and diagramming that demystifies complex systems
· Partners with the Head of Engineering to set ambitious but achievable organizational-level technical goals that align all of engineering
· Work with members of the Product, Design, and Delivery organizations to reduce friction and improve outcomes
· 10+ years-experience shipping and supporting high-scale, high-performance web applications in a cloud environment
· 8+ years-experience in engineering leadership architecting, shipping, and supporting high-scale, high-performance web applications in a cloud environment
· A leading expert in container-driven development environments
· Mastery in HTTP, web application architecture, scalability, performance optimization, reliability, deployment, monitoring, security
Location: 100% Remote (company headquartered in Portland, OR)
Duration: Direct Hire
Salary: up to $200k
Your application has been successfully submitted.
It Starts With U