Pivot seeks an Account Executive for the 2022 election cycle. This is a fully remote position in our Client Services Department.
The Account Executive engages directly with clients by giving strategic advice, creating mail plans and budgets, and writing mail pieces for campaigns. Ideal candidates care deeply about progressive politics and are committed to getting results in a fast-paced environment. This position is an opportunity to work with multiple campaigns and bring about real progressive victories in 2022.
This is a full-time, temporary position through Election Day 2022 with a competitive salary and benefits. The nature of our business requires long hours and occasional weekend work during the election cycle. We expect all staff to be flexible in this area.
- Assist the Managing Partner coordinate advertising campaigns and develop key messaging for clients
- Write strategic memos, mail plans, and individual mail pieces
- Manage internal and client edits to ensure strong finished products
- Work with the Targeting & Analytics Dept to develop mail universes and lists
- Update budgets as timelines, universes, or client needs change
- Monitor the creative and production process for multiple projects
- Oversee the day-to-day implementation of direct mail programs
- Communicate directly with clients and respond promptly to the needs of their campaign
- Participate in the proofreading and editing process
- Collaborate with staff, external partners, and other stakeholders to achieve goals
- Mentor junior staff and ensure internal processes are followed
What you bring to the team:
- Experience with politics, organizing, advocacy, or labor unions is required; past campaign experience strongly preferred
- Experience managing deadlines in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Highly organized, self-motivated, and detail-oriented
- Strong communication skills; writing, editing and proofreading excellence are essential for this role
- Ability to adapt writing style to suit different audiences
- Please include the word "Scuba" somewhere in your cover letter
- Commitment to racial equity, social justice, and progressive causes
- Proficiency in Excel with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
Applicants located in or able to work from a state where Pivot is registered as an employer are preferred. Eligible states include: AL, AZ, CA, DC, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, NY, OH, OR, VA, and WI.
Compensation & Benefits
The minimum starting salary is $70,000 per year. In addition, all staff receive:
- 100% employer-paid premiums for medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Equipment and other supplies to furnish your home office
- Annual employer-paid membership to One Medical
Who We Are
A woman-majority owned firm, Pivot is committed to electing Democrats up and down the ballot. We are an energetic team of experts specializing in voter communications through direct mail, advanced targeting, and provide strategic guidance to progressive causes, organizations, and campaigns across the country. And we’ve created a workplace that lets us live out our deepest values. Thank you for wanting to join us.
Diversity & EEO Statement
Pivot is committed to building a team of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and identities. Women, people of color, immigrants, people with disabilities, LGBTQIA+ people, gender non-conforming people, and people from low-income backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Pivot follows all Equal Employment Opportunity Policies and employs personnel without regard to: race, ethnic or religious background, descent or nationality, sexual orientation, gender, gender identification, physical or mental disability, marital status, age, height, weight, or military service. This policy applies to employment, internships, internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, terminations, relationships with vendors, use of contractors and consultants and in dealing with the general public.
If you require an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us directly at 202-524-0048 and our team will assist you.
The responsibilities and requirements listed in this job description are general guidelines – we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet all qualifications.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Strategy that moves you to victory.