Program Associate, Midwest
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Mission and Philosophy
The Shalom Hartman Institute is a leading center of Jewish thought and education, serving Israel and North America. Our mission is to strengthen Jewish peoplehood, identity, and pluralism and to ensure that Judaism is a compelling force for good in the 21st century.
Shalom Hartman Institute of North America (SHI NA) has an exciting opportunity for a motivated, organized, dynamic, thoughtful, and detail-oriented individual to work with our Midwest program team to ensure programmatic excellence in Chicago and Detroit. Based in Chicago, this position requires someone who is exceptionally strong in taking initiative and in follow-through with tasks, organized and reliable, and a quick learner. The ideal candidate for this position will also have an understanding of and commitment to SHI’s mission as well as possess excellent communication skills and the ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks efficiently and excellently.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Support organizational leadership in Chicago and Detroit with managing logistics for virtual programs, in-person conferences, salons, and other events. This includes communicating with participants, tracking attendance, preparing program materials, liaising with caterers and event spaces, setting and cleaning up for events, and creating evaluations;
- Form and maintain excellent partnerships with external vendors;
- Manage phone calls, emails, and requests in a professional, timely, and courteous manner;
- Coordinate travel and itineraries for visiting faculty;
- Assist in the creation of contracts with partners and vendors;
- Assist in managing regional program, staff, and faculty calendars;
- Maintain an accurate record of program and participant data and assist with data entry as needed;
- Collaborate with the SHI NA team on cross organizational initiatives;
- Provide general administrative support as needed.
- 1-5 years of professional experience
- Passion for SHI NA’s mission
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exceptionally organized and detail-oriented; able to manage multiple complex tasks
- Proven ability to thrive in a dynamic, high-energy environment and under tight deadlines
- Basic proficiency with Hebrew and Jewish texts
- Excellent interpersonal skills including a professional, customer service-oriented demeanor
- Track record of demonstrating sound judgment by making appropriate decisions and knowing when to take initiative in identifying problems and devising solutions
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Good sense of humor
- Ability to be adaptable, resourceful, and proactive
- Ability to staff weekly evening programs and occasional weekend programs throughout the Midwest
- Ability to travel periodically as needed throughout the region
- BA / BS or equivalent
Salary and Benefits: Salary range $45,000 - $55,000, commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package.
Please submit a resume and cover letter as a single document at https://jobs.crelate.com/portal/shalomhartman. The cover letter should include descriptions of positions with relevant experience, and demonstration of successful expertise in the core demands of the position. No phone calls please.
We thank you for your interest in career opportunities with The Shalom Hartman Institute of North America. Due to high volume, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Candidates who will be interviewed can expect a response within 2-3 weeks.
The Shalom Hartman Institute of North America is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The Shalom Hartman Institute is a leading center of Jewish thought and education, serving Israel and North America. Our mission is to strengthen Jewis...