This job is no longer accepting applications.
TIME is a global media brand built on 98 years of unparalleled trust and authority, with an audience of more than 100 million people worldwide across our platforms. Our team is collaborative, innovative and committed to TIME’s mission of informing, guiding and engaging our audience with groundbreaking journalism, immersive experiences and live events.
TIME is an equal opportunity employer. Our people drive the culture. Our culture drives the mission. Our mission drives the business. Our business impacts the world. An inclusive and diverse team not only makes our content and our products better, but our workplace stronger. Equity, diversity, and inclusion are top priorities in our recruiting and hiring, and our culture.
TIME is seeking an entrepreneurial editor to lead its technology coverage across all platforms. You will be responsible for guiding TIME’s storytelling as it relates to the business of the global technology industry, as well as the many ways that it shapes our culture. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to help TIME recruit and manage a growing team of full-time staffers. You should have a track record of breaking news as well as experience executing complicated editorial packages. This role is crying out for an all-around journalist who’s looking for a chance to edit, manage a team, and occasionally write and report impactful stories of their own. You should bring intellect and imagination to assignments and a passion for developing new forms of storytelling —to make everything from gadget reviews to deeply-reported investigations sizzle. A person of demonstrated integrity, you should bring good judgment, humor and generosity to this position. A love of collaboration is a must, as you will work with each part of the newsroom and the greater organization.
*This job can be based in New York, NY or San Francisco, CA.*
- Serve as TIME’s senior editor for coverage of technology across print, digital, video and other media platforms.
- Assign, oversee and edit magazine-length feature stories that distinguish themselves through enterprising reporting, clear thinking, and exclusive interviews.
- Assign, oversee and edit daily news and analysis stories.
- Edit TIME’s Leadership Brief newsletter, a weekly Q&A with business and tech
- Manage reporters on the Business & Tech team.
- Brainstorm ways to expand TIME's business and technology journalism to reach wider audiences.
- At least three years of experience covering a business-focused or industry-related beat as a reporter.
- Some editing experience, preferably overseeing technology coverage.
- Proven writing and editing skills and a portfolio of magazine-style stories.
- Ability to help colleagues improve their reporting and writing, and to mentor talent as they grow their careers.
- Proven commitment to a diversity of perspectives in story development.
- The ability to work collaboratively across all bureaus and time zones with talented, ambitious and experienced reporters and editors, often under intense deadline pressure.
Your application has been successfully submitted.