Global Head of Project Management, NYC/London
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Purpose builds and supports movements to advance the fight for an open, just, and habitable world. We use public mobilization and storytelling to help the leading organizations, businesses, activists, and philanthropies engaged in this fight, and we create campaigning labs and new initiatives that can shift policies and change. To do this, Purpose brings together world-class talent from the world of creatives, content development, storytelling, campaigning, grassroots organizing, and political strategy to build new creative campaigning models.
Guided by smart strategy and powered by participation, our work reframes issues, engages new audiences, shifts public discourse, and ultimately drives targeted action and creates lasting impact. Join the team that made all this work!
About the Role
The Global Head of Project Management will serve as head of the Project Management function. They will be responsible for managing the overall team, defining best practices, creating and implementing new processes and working with the Leadership team to outline the overall growth and strategy of the PM function at Purpose.
You will also work jointly with Project Lead(s) and Project Principal(s) to successfully deliver projects to our clients while keeping Purpose accountable and disciplined internally.
The ideal candidate will have 15+ years of agency or consulting experience with a demonstrated track record of leading large project teams, a portfolio of complex projects, and an enthusiasm for mentoring and building strong and efficient Project Managers. You should also have a strong equity lens that you apply to your work on a daily basis. The project management team plays a critical role in everything we do. From refining processes, project communications, defining resourcing needs to working with leadership to ensure we are meeting organizational goals.
Candidates who can begin immediately are strongly encouraged to apply. This role will be remote for the next few months, until it is safe to go back to normal office operations.
This is a full time position, offered at the Senior Director tier with a salary range of $115,000 - $160,000 / £85,000 - £110,000 per year, commensurate with experience. We are open to candidates based in New York or London.
The Global Head of Project Management will be joining Purpose's leadership team, overseeing the global project management team, and collaborating with other functional leaders to advance organizational goals. Specifically, the role entails:
- Create and implement an inspiring, strategic, long-term vision for the Project Management function. Ensure Project Management program vision aligns with our other functional roles and meets the changing needs of clients and funders.
- Identify critical metrics to assess and measure client satisfaction, team health, and budget burn. Ensure established metrics are tracked and reported on a regular basis.
- Create, implement, and maintain project management standards, policies, procedures, and tools covering budget management, client service, project management service, and project team support.
- Ensure project managers understand and follow project scoping, planning, and budgeting policies, procedures, etc and have the resources, tools and support required to deliver their work.
- Drive alignment of our global Project Management leaders and help them shape and apply the project management standards, procedures, role responsibilities and methodologies per in-country context.
- Ensure that global PM teams are appropriately organized, staffed, motivated, engaged, and prepared to advance the goals of the organization.
- Develop trainings and coach the project management team on role-specific topics including client management, negotiation, budget management, communication best practices, facilitation, etc.
- Promote and drive a culture of accountability for the project management team through effective people management including hiring, retention, coaching and development.
- Mentor and develop global Project Management leaders and direct reports. Act as an escalation point for team concerns and issues.
- Oversee large-scale projects alongside project manager(s), ensuring client satisfaction, timely scope fulfillment, and budgetary success.
- Cultivate successful relationships with other functional team leaders and internal business partners to ensure Project Management optimizes overall team development, business processes, and client service.
- Support and participate in continuous organizational improvement activities and practices.
- 15+ years of account and project management experience in a fast-paced, agency and/or consulting environment (i.e. design services, creative agencies, video production, strategy consulting, event production, community engagement, workshops, or digital marketing), demonstrating a consistent ability to deliver against project plans on time and on budget.
- Lead and build large, effective, distributed account or project management teams.
- Sophisticated interpersonal and mature client/funder management and negotiation skills
- Ability to be diplomatic and solutions-oriented under stress; demonstrate impeccable communication skills (written/verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Track record of positive stakeholder management and client engagements
- Highly networked in campaigns / corporate responsibility sectors
- Deep understanding of agency project management processes, and full awareness of 360 creative production processes
- Excellent track record of time management, systems organization, and follow-up
- A passion for staying current and understanding new trends in globalization, client service, business operations, processes, information technologies and project management.
- Skilled in creating presentations and spreadsheets
- Agility and flexibility towards evolving responsibilities and shifting client/funder needs
- Share Purpose's progressive, internationalist worldview. Collaborative and inclusive ethos about working with global teams from diverse backgrounds
- Critical thinker, have high integrity, a team player with hands-on attitude, and a passionate problem-solving spirit
- Have a demonstrated interest in social impact issues and advocacy
- Are committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment
Purpose takes on some of the biggest challenges in the world, which affect people of different identities and backgrounds in different ways. We believe we are stronger and most effective with a diverse team leading the charge. People of color, LGBTQ individuals and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Purpose moves people to remake the world