This job is no longer accepting applications.
Ujuu Media is an eCommerce platform and brand development studio seeking a Brand President. This company aims to connect a global audience of underserved and underrepresented consumers to a diverse community and a collection of carefully curated and vetted emerging designers and brands. This is achieved by offering elegant brand development services and eCommerce solutions across a family of brands. The vision is to create a best-in-class and forward-thinking shopping experience for our global community of black and brown across the African diaspora.
As a Brand President, you will be managing the company operations from planning, budgeting, developing the objectives of the departments, staff, and goals. You will assist in leading the company towards continuously enhancing our efforts to represent women of color within the fashion industry.
This is a full-time position, working in a combination of onsite at our New York, NY Office and remotely.
● As the Brand President, you will have complete ownership over the
balance sheet, the buck stops with you.
● You will report to and work hand-in-hand with executive leadership and
the founding team while having complete oversight on all brand decisions and
direction. You will be responsible for supervising, driving, and evaluating
the performance of all brand managers.
● Your emphasis will be on making data-driven decisions and improvements
to brand performance while promoting and preserving UJUU culture
across the team.
What You'll Be Doing
● Set brand performance and financial goals and develop business
strategies to reach them
● Prepare, allocate, and gain approval for department budgets
● Evaluate department’s profits and revenue, and calculate risks
● Evaluate and motivate departmental performance and individual team
● Build and approve the department’s hiring plan
● Analyze our brand positioning and distill consumer insights
● Translate brand elements into plans and go-to-market strategies
● Identify and address the needs of department managers and perform
administrative tasks to ensure your brand's workflow runs smoothly
● Act as the point of contact between team members and the executive
● Respond promptly to queries of managers and other internal and external
● Suggest more efficient ways to run the office and troubleshoot
● Research and identify new business opportunities
● Seek new business tools and methods
● Collaborate with other executives and Brand Presidents to decide on
● Document, organize, and maintain company intranet and shared working
● Collaborate with colleagues to implement policies and develop
● Review and recommend changes to our company policies
● Ensure compliance with company policies and local, regional and federal
Talents You Will Bring
● Strong experience in Shopify Plus, eCommerce, Operations, Financial
Planning, and Brand Building
● Portfolio of brand-building and managing projects
● Experience in project management and budgeting
● Data-driven with working knowledge of data analysis and performance
● Entrepreneurially minded and inclined
● Great understanding of business functions (Sales, Engineering, etc.)
● Efficient organizational skills
● Effective communication and leadership skills
Your application has been successfully submitted.