Reports to: Executive Director
FLSA: Exempt, Full-Time, 40 hours/week
Required Travel: Due to COVID-19, VCW staff will not be traveling until it is safe to do so. When travel can be safely resumed, expected travel is approximately 15%
Compensation: $55,000 – $70,000 annual salary, commensurate with experience; benefits include medical, dental, and paid time off
Vision Change Win (VCW) is a Black-led social justice consultancy that has brought together a team of queer and trans people of color dedicated to supporting organizations and movements in deepening their impact and more effectively manifesting their vision and values. Vision Change Win is a community of practice at the intersection of organizational development, liberatory strategy, conflict transformation, and abolitionist safety and security. Imagine a community of strategists, who’ve already made their mark, driven to answer the question – what makes movement organizations win without compromising their values? That’s Vision Change Win. Over the past five years, Vision Change Win has worked with over 150 clients and over 3,000 social change leaders, including BYP100, Borealis Philanthropy, Trans Justice Funding Project, and the Transgender Law Center.
About the Position
The Executive Coordinator is a critical role within the #humblegenius team. This person is flexible, has impeccable time management skills, strong communication skills, and is gifted at administrative and operations tasks. This role provides the Executive Director with crucial logistical and administrative support, and supports multiple client and internal projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Executive and Administrative Support
- Support executive communication and correspondence, including phone calls, responding to email, and drafting memos and correspondence while ensuring prompt, accurate, and appropriate responses
- Manage the Executive Director’s calendar, organizes meeting logistics, and coordinates travel
- Manage and/or oversee the company’s external relationships including VCW event management, vendor relationships as requested
- Provide administrative support to team projects as necessary to keep company systems operating with minimal interruptions
- Monitor the Director’s Client Billing
- Assist the Executive Director in making sure deliverables on all projects are on track and on budget to ensure we meet and exceed client expectations
- Other duties as requested by the Executive Director
- Ensure the company’s bookkeeper receives any documents or receipts needed to maintain the company’s financial records in a timely way
- Work with the company’s bookkeeper and/or tax professional to provide timely reporting to the company’s Executive Director and all appropriate tax authorities
WHO YOU ARE
As the newest member of the #humblegenius team, you’ll have a deep attention to detail, appetite for self and organizational growth, a passion for liberation movements, and courageous yet compassionate communication skills.
- You have a results orientation. You have an “it’s handled” mentality and have demonstrated experience coordinating successful projects independently. Because VCW works from multiple sites on many incredible projects, we will rely on you to focus in on the mission, act decisively to ward off distraction, and assertively set clear boundaries to keep your work moving in the right direction.
- You have a high attention to detail. You check things multiple times, have your own systems of keeping yourself organized, and rarely have errors in your work.
- You are creative and innovative. You can see a need and propose a solution. You’re passionate about supporting movements to be stronger, and are able to coordinate and execute on successful projects with limited guidance.
- You lead with integrity. You care about what fixes the problem, even if it’s not what an organization (or a person) wants to hear. You stand by your work and are an honest and accountable collaborator.
- You’re a vault. What’s said to you stays with you. You understand the risks of disclosing sensitive information, have deep experience with managing confidentiality, and are comfortable with the risks of holding a movement’s confidences.
- You believe in community care. We’re a work hard/ play hard team, believing that it will take all of us, together, to get free.
- A minimum of three to six years of experience in an administrative role supporting Senior Executive(s) or an Executive level office (social justice organization experience preferred)
- Two to three years of project coordination experience (experience with consulting and client management preferred)
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize competing projects and multi-task across a broad spectrum of collaborators, based in various locations and working remotely
- Able to work independently in a face-paced environment, with a proactive approach
- Significant demonstrated experience crafting internal and external facing client/partner communications and the ability to communicate complex ideas in clear, concise terms (verbally and written)
- High level proficiency in Zoom, CRMs, and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, experience in billing and finance systems preferred
- Proficiency in social media and wordpress preferred
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and donors
- Must also be available as needed during evenings and weekends via text, instant message, phone.
- Demonstrated commitment and experience working within racial justice, LGBTQ liberation, and gender justice organizations
- Special preference for experience in start-ups, event planning, organizational consulting, operations, or shared services
- Demonstrated alignment with VCW’s mission and a strong commitment to racial and/or social justice
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Vision Change Win staff mostly work remotely, with some in-person activity. When not in a pandemic, we hold in-person retreats and meetings two to four meetings a year that may involve travel. This position may require additional travel. This job will require regular work on a computer, including typing, reading a screen, video meetings, and audio calls.
- Submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Executive Coordinator” in the subject line.
- For questions or more information, please email email@example.com.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
VCW is a team of experienced social justice consultants who support organizations in fully manifesting their missions, visions, and values. We deliver...