Mapping & Research Analyst
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
The Mapping & Research Analyst (Analyst) is an integral member of the Research & Relationship Mapping (RRM) Team within Charitable Giving Analytics (CG Analytics Team), responsible for relationship mapping and prospect research. They will execute mapping and research projects and processes to unlock access and uncover wealth, capacity and inclination of current and potential donors. Major responsibilities will include conducting relationship mapping and research projects using prospect research and analytics tools, entering research information into and maintaining databases, and working collaboratively and iteratively with other members of the CG Analytics Team, Regional Development Directors, and other CG colleagues.
The vision of the CG Analytics Team is to drive better business decisions and improve programmatic outcomes in CRS’ U.S. outreach efforts – by using disciplined data science methods, providing analytics consulting to projects and teams, and delivering insights into the hands of decision makers to help drive results.
The Analyst will substantially contribute to CG Analytics Team’s vision, by conducting relationship mapping and in-depth prospect research to uncover paths of access to hard-to-reach prospects and donors. The Analyst will support the build-out of relationship mapping capabilities, including the development of a “graph database.” They will synthesize large volumes of often complex financial, legal, and technical information and contribute to data projects related to databases, scoring, data mining, and similar projects across CG.
The Analyst will be a participating member of the overall CG Analytics Team, which strives to make Charitable Giving efforts more: Analytically Driven, Data Focused, and Rigorously Tested.
- RELATIONSHIP MAPPING: 65%
Execute priority Relationship Mapping efforts/projects to uncover paths of access for potential warm introductions to ultra-wealthy but hard to reach principal gifts level prospects.
- Conduct relationship mapping research on individual donors and prospects, using online databases
- Identify high-level donors in order to leverage their spheres of influence
- Confirm matches of possible donors and connectors using online research tools and internal databases
- Proactively engage with colleagues in an iterative manner to validate potential paths
- Track progress of relationship mapping and update status in database; assist in reporting project progress to leadership
- Represent the RRM Team in high-level meetings and collaborations across CG
- Collaborate with CG Analytics Team members on the build-out of “graph database”
- Query “graph database” for potential paths in support of relationship mapping projects
- PROSPECT RESEARCH: 25%
Conduct priority Prospect Research for pipeline development, solicitation and stewardship.
- Conduct wealth and biographical research on individual donors and prospects, using online and internal databases
- Independently identify potential high-level donors, conduct proactive research and donor capacity/inclination analysis
- Conduct proactive research in support of upcoming solicitations,
- Support Principal Gifts program by creating briefing documents for donor meetings
- Conduct capacity verifications for prospective principal gift and major donors in collaboration with Prospect Management and Analytics Manager
- DATA PROCESSES: 10%
Ensure accuracy of prospect research and mapping data/information, and accuracy of data ingestion processes.
- Maintain records and notes related to completed mapping, research and searches.
- Assist with data process to input and maintain accuracy of information in CG databases
- Support data management best practices by maintaining records related to completed research.
- Assist with data cleanup projects in research and mapping databases
- Develop ways to automate data ingestion processes
- Enhance existing relationships in internal database by adding relevant metadata
- Improve data input interface and standards
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Research & Relationship Mapping Manager, Sr. Relationship Mapping Analyst, Prospect Research Analyst, Prospect Management & Analytics Manager, Director of Charitable Giving Analytics, Deputy Director of Charitable Giving Analytics, Data Engineer, Development Officers, Vice President of Leadership Giving (Major Gifts), Vice President of Annual Giving, Director of Principal Gifts, Leadership Giving unit staff, Planned Giving unit staff, Senior Advisor of Specialized Research, and CRS executives and other senior managers.
Required Qualifications, Experience, and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in related field, or equivalent experience preferable
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong written communication skills with experience synthesizing in-depth research into clear and well-written reports.
- Desire to learn or familiarity with databases, data analysis, CRM Systems and advanced Excel
- Ability to manage highly sensitive/confidential information discretely and securely.
- High level time management skills with ability to meet crucial deadlines.
- Ability to collaborate diplomatically with internal clients regarding ongoing projects
- 2-3 years in research, data analysis, legal/paralegal or equivalent experience
- Experience working in an internal consultant or similar function
- Familiarity or experience working in an agile environment.
- Understanding of wealth indicators and characteristics of high net worth / capital donor individuals
- General knowledge of databases, CRM systems, advanced excel and/or SQL, a plus
Required Travel: Minimal (training and conferences as needed, post-pandemic)
Work Environment: Currently remote due to pandemic. Must be able to travel to Baltimore headquarters 2 days a week in the future.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
What we offer
CRS offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, vision, generous retirement savings plan and the opportunity to work in a collaborative, mission-driven culture that is committed to improving the lives of the poor throughout the world.
Note: All positions requiring residence or frequent travel outside their home country must undergo and clear a pre-employment medical examination.
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to safeguarding the rights and dignity of all people - especially children and vulnerable adults - to live free from abuse and harm.
EOE/M/F/D/V - CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Your application has been successfully submitted.