Administrative Assistant/Donor Support
Founded in 2006, 1Hood begins as a collective of men from various disciplines, ideologies, and belief systems who banded together to address violence within and against our community. We have grown to an intergenerational, intersectional community committed to the same mission. 1Hood Media Academy is a collective of socially conscious artists and activists who utilize art as a means of raising awareness about social justice matters affecting people around the world. We offer performance, written, and visual art to connect communities and amplify messages. We provide workshops, curriculum consultation, media literacy training, conflict resolution, lyricism/songwriting, vocal instruction, music production, blogging, photography, and videography. Further, we offer consultation to artists seeking to establish a fruitful independent career and organizations that wish to establish a culture of equity and activism. In addition, 1Hood Media Academy provides youth-based training in media literacy and the creation of media. Focused on social justice and training arts entrepreneurs, the Academy provides a platform for artists to tell their own stories and provides avenues for young people to utilize their own gifts and talents to secure financial sustainability. Additionally, 1Hood Media Academy also organizes and promotes educational and performance-based forums as a part of our programming. For more information, please visit www.1hood.org.
1Hood Media Academy seeks an Administrative Assistant/Donor Support who is responsible for providing daily donor processing and for providing a full range of administrative support to the Executive team members in a fast-paced and culturally diverse environment. Evidence of experience in the areas of quantitative and qualitative research is essential as is a belief in the potential for social change through strengthening the capacity of individuals and communities to advocate on their own behalf.
Administrative Assistant/Donor Support
Reports to CEO
Job Type: Full-Time
Work Location: Pittsburgh
- Manages donor database; maintains the accuracy and integrity of databases by ensuring that all information is kept current and up to date.
- Track and report the status of activities both internally and externally to funders as needed.
- Provides support to various committees and volunteers during fundraising campaigns and events.
- Assists with the creation and finalization of guest lists.
- Mails, emails, posts flyers, and other correspondence to potential donors, volunteers, and guests to inform them of events and activities.
- Update website and composes correspondence as necessary in support of the CEO.
- Provides support to other advertising efforts and works in public relations.
- Assists in scheduling meetings with prospective funders and donors.
- Work with a range of stakeholders, including agency heads, local officials, individuals, community leaders, and members, grassroots groups, and other advocates to support 1Hood fundraising initiatives.
- Represent 1Hood in task forces, working groups, and coalitions.
- In coordination with founders develop relationships with allies and other organizations to further advocacy goals.
- Participate in staff meetings and 1Hood sponsored initiatives.
- Prepare and deliver presentations and testimony to support advocacy efforts as requested.
- Plan and organize work tasks within established guidelines.
- Compile data for standard and special reports.
- Schedule and prepare for meetings; may transcribe and distribute minutes of meetings.
- Manage department calendar and scheduling; assist with meeting preparations.
- Screen and direct phone calls and visitors.
- Assist with travel arrangements.
- Receive, track and process invoices, check requests, expense reports and credit cards.
- Organize material and perform accurate high-volume data entry as requested.
- Schedule office equipment maintenance and order office supplies.
- Distribute incoming and outgoing mail.
- Collaborate with other staff members on special projects and events as requested
- High School Diploma or GED; Associate degree preferred.
- One-year related experience and knowledge of the principles and practices of non-profit fundraising activities including gift entry, database administration and records management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; experience in SalesForce or proven ability to learn.
- Demonstrated commitment to social and racial justice.
- Experience working effectively and connecting with diverse populations and valuing differences of race, ethnicity, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, ability, and socio-economic circumstances.
- Commitment to and experience with working in close partnership with funders and community members with the ability to build and maintain key contacts.
- Critical thinking skills with an ability to identify, collect, and interpret relevant data for incorporation into grant materials, with an emphasis on social justice.
- Proven record of teamwork and collaborative engagement with colleagues across departments and functions.
- Ability to work independently and keep organized in a fast-paced environment, manage several projects simultaneously, and adjust strategy to frequently changing demands.
- Has the ability to work extremely flexible work hours including some late nights, holidays, and weekends.
- Displays exceptional time-management and organizational skills as needed for meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrates a professional demeanor whether speaking to others in person, over the phone, via email, or through letters.
Work Remotely: Temporarily
Hours: 40 hrs/per week; Occasional weekends and evenings required.
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment may be required in some instances
- May be subject to temperature screenings
1Hood provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, 1Hood complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Your application has been successfully submitted.