National Immigration Law Center - Digital Strategist
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Founded in 1979, the National Immigration Law Center (NILC) is the leading advocacy organization in the U.S. exclusively dedicated to defending and advancing the rights and opportunities of low-income immigrants and their loved ones. NILC’s mission is grounded in the belief that everyone living in the U.S. — regardless of race, gender/gender identity, immigration status, or economic status — should have equal access to justice, resources, and educational and economic opportunities that enable them to achieve their full human potential. NILC is committed to advancing its mission — which intersects race, immigration status, and class — through a racial, economic, and gender justice and equity orientation.
The Digital Specialist builds, engages, and mobilizes NILC’s online community by creating, editing, producing, and promoting content on all digital platforms. The Digital Specialist collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to develop coalitions around common priorities, campaigns, and initiatives.
Insights and Reporting
- Work independently to collate and analyze data using predetermined tools, methods, and formats to articulate insights and actionable recommendations.
- Execute a digital communications plan within established systems and procedures.
Digital Plan Execution
- Execute several aspects of digital communications operations, such as planning digital advertising campaigns, creating concepts and contents, setting audiences, and integrating digital channels.
- Contribute to the understanding of audience segments, trends, needs, and expectations by reporting and providing analysis of supporter interactions.
New Website Design and Delivery
- Contribute to the upcoming website redesign project and execute on specific deliverables during the design and build process.
Websites Maintenance and Update
- Maintain assigned portals/websites and propose improvements to the design using content creation and management tools as well as digital media to ensure that technical continuity is maintained and development standards are met.
Digital Channels and Technology Management
- Support digital channel management by analyzing best practices through competitive benchmarking, customer insights, A/B testing, feedback from cross-functional partners, and site feature/functionality enhancement.
Digital Communications Capabilities
- Support the identification of new opportunities and trends across the digital communications space, as well as the implementation of initiatives to build digital communications capabilities.
- Creative mindset that can be brought to drafting engaging content on social media in support of organizational and program priorities.
Knowledge of Digital Tools
- Knowledge of Wordpress and other content management systems and past responsibility for managing and updating websites on day-to-day basis.
- Strong ability to collect and analyze data across platforms, and ability to translate analytics into actionable recommendations.
- Working knowledge of HTML.
- Ability to edit photos and video using photoshop, final cut, adobe premier or other software to develop creative assets.
Planning and Organizing
- Uses comprehensive knowledge and skills to work independently while providing guidance and training to others on planning, organizing, prioritizing and overseeing activities to efficiently meet business objectives.
- Works without supervision and provides technical guidance when required on developing appropriate plans or performing necessary actions based on recommendations and requirements.
Data Collection and Analysis
- Works without supervision and provides technical guidance when required on analyzing data trends for use in reports to help guide decision making.
- Applies comprehensive knowledge to act independently while providing guidance and training to others on using clear and effective verbal communications skills to express ideas, request actions and formulate plans or policies.
Customer and Market Analysis
- Conducts research and analyzes data with guidance (but not constant supervision) in order to develop a comprehensive understanding of customer and market conditions that enables maximum return on investments.
- Supports business processes without supervision by understanding and effectively using standard office equipment and standard software packages, while providing technical guidance as needed.
- Works with guidance (but not constant supervision) to create relevant, lucid and effective reports.
- Works without supervision and provides technical guidance when required on the development and implementation of website structure and content.
Research and Analysis
- Works without supervision and provides technical guidance when required on using research and analysis to develop a comprehensive understanding of issues and topics to facilitate successful digital content development.
- Works with guidance (but not constant supervision) to manage projects and/or programs within desired cost, time, and quality parameters.
- Project Change Management Plan; Project Charter; Project Management Plan; Project Requirements Management Plan; Project Requirements Verification Plan; Project Resource Management Plan; Project Schedule; Project Schedule Baseline; Project Scope Statement; Project Change Log/Register; Project Change Log/Register;
Web Page Creation and Editing
- Works at an advanced level to design and build web pages, including layout, content production, editing, and graphic design.
- Typically works independently and provides guidance.
Leverages Digital Communications with Customers
- Works with full competence to leverage digital communication (email, text, chat, social media) to create positive, defining moments for customers. Typically works without supervision and may provide technical guidance.
- Articulates the importance of digital communication; Creates positive customer emails; Explains different digital communication channels; Practices common sense guidelines on social media.
General Education: university (first degree)
General Experience: experienced practitioner able to work unsupervised (13 months to 3 years)
- Day-to-day responsibility of updating website
- Assist with website redesign
- Social media content development
- Coordinating social media calendar
- Managing and overseeing social media content and website analytics,
- measuring success, and adjusting approaches as needed
- Project managing digital projects in support of program work
- Monitoring social and traditional media for trends or news stories relevant to
- NILC’s work internally and externally
- Assisting with creative asset development (videos, infographics, etc.)
- Wordpress knowledge
- HTML Knowledge
Salary for the role is commensurate with experience and will be between $61,900-$75,700.
Interested candidates should contact Amy Segelin (email@example.com) at Chaloner Associates.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Dedicated to placing top talent in Public Relations, Communications and Marketing