ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT - SUPERVISOR
CAROL H. WILLIAMS ADVERTISING (CHWA) is the premier Multicultural/African-American, Creative Communications Agency with expertise in multicultural markets. www.carolhwilliams.com. We are truly an organization built with the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion, as an independent, minority-woman owned organization, helmed by the only minority, female creative inducted into the prestigious American Advertising Federation's Advertising Hall of Fame.
LOCATION: CHWA has offices in: San Francisco Bay Area/Oakland, CA Office - Midwest service sites (Chicago, IL/Detroit, MI - POSITION CAN BE REMOTE. Reporting to Group Account Director in ATL/Eastern Time Zone OR Detroit, MI, candidate is open to attend meetings as scheduled in other timezones.
The Account Management - Supervisor is a key, day-to-day agency representative for the client and maintains a highly responsive service orientation in all transactions by utilizing internal agency resources to manage the stability and growth of assigned accounts by ensuring that client needs are anticipated and met. The Account Management- Supervisor is responsible for full immersion into the client’s business, products, consumers, and competition and identifying the bigger opportunities coming out of this knowledge. Working with a great, diverse group of folks, we look at the whole picture, and provide creative content that communicates and impacts supporting important work when speaking to a diverse targets, who are frequently spoken at, not with. We engage in the conversations that really promote change and opportunities to speak to the communities our work serves.
Reporting to the [Group] Account Director, s/he is ultimately responsible for ensuring that quality work is delivered to clients, on time and on budget and represents the highest level of work quality we are known for and working with a vibrant creative team that creates the differences we want to see in the media speaking with us.
- Provide strategic leadership to guide the Client’s marketing and advertising directions.
- Understand the elements of a strategic marketing plan and be able to actively participate in its generation and implementation.
- Possess and demonstrate knowledge – and passion - of the client’s business and industry to direct their marketing and advertising plans. Leverages knowledge to anticipate strategic and project changes, and shifts in workflow priorities as needed.
- Write project briefs in line with Client objectives by identifying the key project outcomes and soliciting client feedback and gaining approval prior to the job opening meeting.
- Works closely with the Strategic Planner to develop the creative brief in line with Client objectives by identifying the key project outcomes and soliciting Client feedback and gaining approval with the Client.
- Understands the dynamic nature of the development of advertising campaigns and can supervise/lead Clients in accordance with their companies’ objectives and budgets.
- Provide strategic input to creative ideas relative to strategy and client’s goals.
- Collaborate and consult with the Media and Creative departments to develop the agency’s recommendation for the advertising mix and creative approach to be taken on any given campaign.
- Coordinate with agency partners to ensure integrated campaign synergies.
- Ensure that agency deliverables are strategically on target.
- Report status to other team members by evaluating and communicating within the agency all pertinent information provided by the client and outside sources; prepare meeting conference reports and status reports/updates, which are viewed internally as well as externally for Clients.
- Conduct regular meetings with the account team and relevant members of other services to discuss client problems, opportunities, and work in progress.
- Get ahead of clients' needs, understand what they need to do next to accomplish their objectives (even if they don’t).
- Lead and manage the scheduling and flow of work; work closely with traffic and/or project managers as needed.
- Support the profitability of assigned accounts—through cost-consciousness of expenses and actively seek opportunities to grow the scope of work. Promote and sell agency services by identifying and pursuing new business opportunities within the account.
- Assist with new business development efforts and responding to RFPs.
- Review and approve billing as needed.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Solid knowledge/experience in multicultural marketing and advertising and specifically of African American consumers and audiences.
- Ability to foster strong, cohesive working interdisciplinary teams.
- Aptitude to define solutions that will generate measurable results for the client.
- Experience with communications and marketing; category experience preferred
- Thorough knowledge of the principles of advertising, marketing, and media. Basic knowledge of disciplines underlying these principles, i.e., psychology, economics, journalism.
- Understands work concepts and production processes for broadcast/radio/print/digital and social/Out Of Home
- Thorough knowledge of the dynamics of digital and interactive. How each digital and interactive element performs alone and together and how they are constantly changing.
- 3-5+ years in the industry preferably in an advertising or creative marketing firm or related experience, with a track record of being promoted into higher positions and responsibilities, exhibiting leadership development and growth.
- Minimum education is a 4-year bachelor’s degree.
- Responsible for full immersion in the clients’ business, products, consumers, and competition but then identifying what the bigger opportunities are coming out of this knowledge (resume must reflect this experience in description and years/education).
- Experience with various project types, including creative production (television/radio/experiential/events); digital/web, mobile, video, brand and strategic consulting.
CHWA truly values diversity within its organization and strives to ensure that applicants are considered fairly for opportunities, regardless of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy-related status, marital status, veteran status, physical or mental disability where the individual is qualified regardless of national or ethnic origin.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Whose Eyes Are You Looking Through When You View The World?