Sr. Development Officer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Title: Sr. Development Officer
Location: DC preferred, open to remote
Reports to: Associate Director, Development
Classification: Full-time, exempt
Please Note: All US
employees of Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation must be fully
vaccinated against COVID-19, including remote staff. Proof of vaccination will
be required. The Foundation will provide reasonable accommodations based on
medical or religious grounds.
How will you fight for an AIDS-free generation?
The Sr. Development Officer will be responsible for developing, managing and executing the direct mail and digital fundraising targeting individual donors, and supporting prospecting and stewardship work for corporate/foundation partners.
No two days are alike at EGPAF, but what can you expect in this role?
Direct Mail & Digital Fundraising
· Manage the direct mail program for individual low-level donors.
· Direct offline acquisition and appeal communications calendar. Coordinate content submission for each mailed piece.
· Serve as primary contact for direct mail consultants, and manage budget and contract for this work.
· Coordinate with Major Gifts Manager to develop pipeline system to acquire new major donor and planned giving prospects.
· Manage the digital fundraising program for individual low-level donors.
· Execute a year-long calendar of digital donor solicitations; this includes writing and editing content and developing donor segmentation priorities; strategize with External Affairs colleagues to coordinate messaging themes for digital communications.
· Implement digital strategy for donor acquisition and constituent growth effort. This includes developing and implementing a digital communications strategy to cultivate new constituents acquired, promoting the recurring giving program, developing list segmentation strategy, and improving the communications strategy for peer-to-peer registrants and donors.
· Administer the EveryAction digital fundraising tool set. Provide advice on best practices and aid in troubleshooting within the digital tool set. Support Senior Development Coordinator in planning and execution of digital campaign.
· Execute corporate prospect research to support the Chief Development Officer and Associate Director of Development, Executive Office, and Board of Directors.
· Support identification and development of corporate/foundation prospects and leads.
· Support stewardship activities for corporate/foundation partners as needed.
· Conduct fundraising and stewardship activities for the annual event fundraiser.
· Coordinate with External Affairs team on related media, celebrity, and social media activities in support of fundraising event. Develop and implement honoree plan for the fundraiser, in conjunction with senior management.
· Support peer-to-peer fundraising activities as opportunities develop.
To be successful, you will have:
· 8 years of relevant experience, with experience in non-profit fundraising setting
· Experience with Salesforce database or similar CRM software
· Bachelor’s degree
· Superior oral and written communication skills and attention to detail
· The ability to collaborate in a team environment and build relationships with colleagues and external constituents
Bonus points if you have:
· Experience supporting peer-to-peer fundraising activities
· Experience with EveryAction and/or Neon Fundraising nonprofit software
· Experience with managing communications calendars via Airtable
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) is on a mission to create a world where no mother, child, or family is devastated by HIV and AIDS, and we are making an impact. We are a proven leader in the global fight to end HIV and AIDS, and an advocate for every child to live a full and healthy life into adulthood. For more than 30 years, EGPAF has been a leader in meeting urgent needs in pediatric HIV and AIDS in the world’s most affected regions. We carry out our values of passion, innovation, teamwork, leadership, integrity, excellence and equity every day, while maximizing our impact in the communities we serve. Join us on our fight for an AIDS-free generation!
As a global, multinational and multicultural organization, EGPAF believes that diversity in the workplace enriches our work and enhances our impact and effectiveness. We believe that employees have the right to work in a climate of mutual respect and integrity that promotes dignity and respect for all, and that enables them to reach their full potential. The Foundation is committed to advancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEI&B), and we strongly encourage those with the following identities to apply: BIPOC, women and non-binary, LGBTQIA+, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and other members of historically underrepresented communities.
EGPAF is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to country law requirements, EGPAF complies with US laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Foundation has facilities.
The Foundation does not charge any fees at any stage of the recruitment process. If you are asked to pay a fee at any stage of recruitment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Fighting for an AIDS-free generation