This job is no longer accepting applications.
Mission and Philosophy
The Shalom Hartman Institute is a leading center of Jewish thought and education, serving Israel and North America. Our mission is to strengthen Jewish peoplehood, identity, and pluralism and to ensure that Judaism is a compelling force for good in the 21st century.
SHI NA has an exciting new opportunity for a motivated, thoughtful, and organized individual to support SHI NA’s fundraising work with major donors, foundations, Jewish Federations, Board leaders and institutional funders.
This role supports and executes the day-to-day activity of fundraising administration including fundraising event support, gift management, CRM donor system management, and supports the Development department as a whole. The ideal candidate will bring 1-3 years of fundraising or related work experience with demonstrated ability in administration, project coordination, research, and relationship management. This role requires someone who will bring a professional, resourceful, and entrepreneurial style, and an ability to work with multiple professional partners and reports across a cross-continental framework with diplomatic interpersonal skills and a customer service orientation. The ideal candidate will know how to manage and prioritize among many different responsibilities and as part of a constantly evolving operation; and will bring strong technology skills, verbal and written communication skills, exceptional attention to detail, and strong capacity for time-management. The candidate will bring an eagerness to learn. As with all SHI NA roles, this position is iterative and will evolve over time with input across teams. The position is based in New York and reports primarily to the Senior Vice President of Institutional Advancement.
- Supporting Development Events – assist with logistical and planning elements of funder and prospect events including leadership seminars and VIP engagement opportunities (virtual and in-person). Send invitations, arrange logistics (including name tags and catering); manage RSVPs, and follow up after the event;
- Database CRM Management – responsible for updating and maintaining key components of the Institute’s development database, including updating and maintaining individual donor records, recording gifts/pledges, inputting opportunities, ensuring cleanliness through de-duplicating, and tracking donor activity;
- Development Administrative support – Support the entire Development team through planning and scheduling global team retreats and meetings, tracking and coding receipts and expenses, staffing the Development Committee of the Board, drafting PowerPoint presentations and provide other scheduling/travel support to the Vice President of Development and Senior Development Officer/s;
- Donor Relations Communication/Correspondence – Drafting thank you notes and prepare receipts of contribution and any additional materials provided to donors;
- Grant Support – Assist in completing funder proposals, reports, and supplementary information needed by key donors and prospects;
- Support organization as needed with general administrative assignments and special projects, budget and expense coding, and general support for the New York office.
- Highly professional, customer-service oriented demeanor;
- Takes initiative and executes on new ideas;
- Exceptionally organized and detail-oriented;
- Passion for Shalom Hartman educational leadership mission;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Able to manage multiple complex tasks;
- Proven ability to thrive in a dynamic, high-energy and cross-cultural environment;
- Track record of demonstrating sound judgment by making appropriate decisions and knowing when to communicate and when to take initiative;
- Capable of working independently as well as collaboratively in team settings;
- Flexible work style with the ability to work under tight deadlines and with shifting priorities;
- Ability to staff occasional evening and weekend programs; occasional domestic travel;
- Writing and editing skills;
- At least 1 year of office or administrative experience;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications – proven ability using Excel;
- Hebrew familiarity a plus;
- Good sense of humor;
- BA / BS or equivalent.
Salary range and benefits: $55,000 - $60,000, commensurate with experience. Very competitive benefits package. SHI NA is an equal opportunity employer.
We deeply value the diversity of insight, perspective, and experience brought by people from backgrounds typically underrepresented in Jewish institutions. We also welcome applications from people of diverse religious, spiritual, and cultural backgrounds. The organization provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, national origin, disability condition, marital status, status as a disabled or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other protected characteristic as established by law. In addition, the organization affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity as it applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
We thank you for your interest in career opportunities with The Shalom Hartman Institute. Due to anticipated high volume, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Candidates who will be interviewed can expect a response within 3-4 weeks.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The Shalom Hartman Institute is a leading center of Jewish thought and education, serving Israel and North America. Our mission is to strengthen Jewis...