Product Design Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Teaching kids to think critically and communicate effectively has never been more important, and NoRedInk helps students become better writers in more than 60% of middle and high schools in the U.S. We are looking for a Product Design Manager to lead a team of talented Product Designers. In this role, you’ll collaborate closely with Product and Engineering as we improve and expand our product. You’ll oversee design work across multiple product areas and lead your team to craft high-quality experiences that improve the lives of students and educators.
In this role, you will:
- Oversee the design of intuitive, delightful, and engaging product experiences for students, teachers, and administrators
- Drive improvements to our product’s overall design as well as our design tooling and processes
- Manage and grow a team of high-performing product and visual designers
- Coordinate design work across multiple teams and product areas and prioritize the most impactful design-led initiatives
- Partner with Product and Engineering leaders to help shape our product vision and strategy and prioritize the most impactful design-led initiatives
- 5+ years experience in product design
- Experience hiring and managing product designers
- Strong design craft and a track record of delivering intuitive, delightful, and engaging designs that represent simple solutions to complex problems
- Ability to act as a “player coach,” overseeing the team’s work but taking on individual contributor work when necessary to move things forward
- Outstanding written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Customer-focused mindset with an interest in serving students and educators
What NoRedInk Offers:
- A competitive salary and equity package in a high-growth, well-funded startup with massive traction
- Excellent health, vision, and dental benefits (U.S. Only)
- A remote-first culture that allows for flexible hours (We were big on remote before COVID!)
- A relaxed and flexible PTO policy and paid parental leave
- 401(k) (U.S. Only)
- LinkedIn Learning subscription with unlimited access to thousands of expert-led online courses
- Team retreats and events to connect with fun, talented coworkers
- Consistent modeling of our company’s core values
- The ability to help millions of students and teachers and address a critical societal need
NoRedInk helps students in over 60% of US school districts become better writers. Our deeply engaging, adaptive curriculum personalizes exercises to kids' interests, guides them through the writing process with instructional support, and boosts their skills through targeted practice. Students have completed over 10 billion exercises on our site, and our mission is to help all students harness the power of the written word.
NoRedInk is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce.
*Note: Agencies or other third-party recruiters may not submit unsolicited candidate resumes or their information to any NoRedInk employee, including a NoRedInk Recruiter, unless a contract is signed and you are given permission by the Talent Acquisition team to work on a job opening.
Your application has been successfully submitted.