Email Marketing Specialist
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Email Marketing Specialist
Remote (US Only)
Teaching kids to think critically and communicate effectively has never been more important, and NoRedInk helps students become better writers in more than 60% of middle and high schools in the U.S. We're looking for an experienced email marketer with a strong copywriting background to plan, execute, and optimize marketing communications including newsletters, email blasts, and automated drip and nurture campaigns.
This individual will work closely with our Marketing, Sales, Curriculum, and Customer Success teams to develop and deploy high-performing email campaigns across the customer lifecycle. This is a unique opportunity to make an immediate impact as part of a new Marketing team at an organization that is making a big difference for millions of students. If you are a data-minded marketer who knows their way around marketing automation platforms and has a knack for catchy subject lines and crisp, compelling email copy, we would love to connect.
In this role, you will:
- Develop a deep understanding of and empathy for the needs of ELA teachers, principals, and district-level administrators
- Create data-driven strategies for using email to acquire new users, drive usage among existing users, upsell free users, and convert leads into MQLs
- Craft concise, engaging copy for emails to teachers and administrators
- Fine-tune email templates, set up email sequences and automations, and create and manage segmentation lists
- Own day-to-day operational tasks including HTML troubleshooting, QA of all email elements, A/B testing, and email scheduling and deployment
- Track metrics like email deliverability, open rate, click-through rate, click-to-open rate, and opt-out rate
- Communicate the statuses and results of email campaigns to cross-functional stakeholders to inform executive decision-making
- Continuously improve email marketing processes by finding new ways to automate and scale campaign development and email design
- 3+ years of email marketing experience in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Exceptional copywriting and copyediting skills and unparalleled attention to detail
- Flexible and highly organized team player
- Comfortable working cross-functionally with Sales, Curriculum, and Customer Success teams
- Demonstrable understanding of how to build customer segments, trigger events, and email sequences in a marketing automation platform (ideally Customer.io or Pardot)
- Experience facilitating data-driven decision-making through A/B testing and campaign reporting and dashboarding
- Strong Excel/Google Sheets skills
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS preferred
What NoRedInk Offers:
- A competitive salary and equity package in a high-growth, well-funded startup with massive traction
- Excellent health, vision, and dental benefits (U.S. Only)
- A remote-first culture that allows for flexible hours (We were big on remote before COVID!)
- A relaxed and flexible PTO policy and paid parental leave
- 401(k) (U.S. Only)
- LinkedIn Learning subscription with unlimited access to thousands of expert-led online courses
- Team retreats and events to connect with fun, talented coworkers
- Consistent modeling of our company’s core values
- The ability to help millions of students and teachers and address a critical societal need
NoRedInk helps students in over 60% of US school districts become better writers. Our deeply engaging, adaptive curriculum personalizes exercises to kids' interests, guides them through the writing process with instructional support, and boosts their skills through targeted practice. Students have completed over 10 billion exercises on our site, and our mission is to help all students harness the power of the written word.
NoRedInk is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce.
*Note: Agencies or other third-party recruiters may not submit unsolicited candidate resumes or their information to any NoRedInk employee, including a NoRedInk Recruiter, unless a contract is signed and you are given permission by the Talent Acquisition team to work on a job opening.
(Cover letter Optional but strongly encouraged)
Your application has been successfully submitted.