This job is no longer accepting applications.
Reporting to: BSSP President
For any marketing services company, growth through new business is the lifeblood of the organization. In this current environment, it’s increasingly difficult to grow revenue from existing client businesses, thus making growth from new clients an imperative. The marketing landscape has changed dramatically, with many more marketers using multiple agencies and seeking project versus led agency relationships as means to ‘test-drive’ a new resource. Lines are blurred between traditional agencies, digital, PR, design firms all vying for projects in and around the same space while clients are aggressively setting up their own in-house creative service groups. Ad & Martech technology services are being employed by marketers (and to some degree by agencies) as a means to modernize and make the communications process more efficient.
The right growth marketer can be one of the most important players on an agency team helping to navigate this increasingly complex landscape. Someone with a proven track will have the opportunity to help not only generate revenue, but also positively impact the future of the company.
BSSP is an independent company with a strong national reputation for high level strategic thinking, break-through work and a commitment to accountability. We are built around a simple ethos that drives everything we do: “make things interesting.” For us, it’s not just our business philosophy, but a filter for our work and a beacon of our culture. We’ve done breakthrough work over the years for brands like MINI, Priceline, ESPN, NBA 2K, Blue Shield of California and many others.
This individual reports to the president and with him is responsible for revenue growth from non-BSSP clients and reputation management, helping creatively promote the agency using relevant content, all social platforms, LinkedIn, paid search, PR, and other technology platforms deemed necessary to help elevate our stature with stakeholders and ultimately drive leads in key verticals.
You’ll be expected to lead the development of the 2022 new business plan working in concert with the partner and executive leadership team. You’ll have access to key support groups within the agency – e.g. presentation designer, strategy, the social team, creatives as needed. Our culture is supportive and collaborative of this critical function, so almost everyone in the agency touches new business at BSSP. You’re someone who can mobilize and lead those cross functional teams to work on pitches and help you prospect in key verticals, getting the right folks involved, excited and ready to win.
The ideal candidate must be an organized, agile thinker, with initiative, excellent communications skills as well as a compassionate team-player
Specific Areas of Responsibilities
The primary area of responsibility is to help generate new business leads with qualified prospects that will result in meetings and ultimately a project or longer term relationship. This could come as a result of your own contacts, connecting with new prospects or from outreach to the prospects on the agency’s vertical list of target categories.
Create a Sustainable Content Marketing Program And Corresponding Calendar For The Agency, In Partnership With Key Leaders, To Strategically Guide Our Team
- Finalize the prospect content calendar for the remainder of the year
- Write content marketing emails to prospects and orchestrate the assets needed for outreach and leverage expert content from our team
- Deploy content marketing email campaign via MailChimp, evaluate and implement new systems we should consider (such as SharpSpring), measure results and share suggestions for how to improveWork with team to keep target category lists up to date via Winmo by adding, removing and editing contacts as needed to maintain a current database
- Follow up directly with prospective clients either via email, LinkedIn, phone or other social channels. And, in person, as appropriate.
Secondarily, opportunities invariably come over the transom and you help support the process of responding to appropriate RFPs:
- Review RFP and craft a project plan including an internal schedule based on key deadlines
- Determine the team needed to complete RFP and assign questions
- Help coach team and strategize to a winning resultRespond to appropriate questions and write responses
- Provide complete draft for direct report to review and incorporate feedback
Evaluate and analyze potential opportunities as they come to the agency to ensure they meet stated criteria:
- Ensure desk research is assigned and conducted in order to understand the potential of a new opportunity
- Track all opportunities in the annual opportunity spreadsheet currently established
- Conduct introductory calls with prospects to assess opportunities (with president or another member of the BSSP team)
Capitalize On CMO Job Movement And Begin To Establish Relationships With Those Relatively New To Their Jobs In Hopes Of Getting On Their Radar For Future Projects/reviews
- Research selected CMOs and determine best way to approach and most applicable content to share
- Write individual emails for you, President or another partner/exec to deploy
- Follow up directly via email or phone to call CMO and establish relationship
Work with BSSP’s social media team to maintain and expand BSSP social media channels:
- Provide writers with potential topics (or draft your own to deploy)
- Share core social posts from writers across other platforms
- Develop monthly report detailing social media resultsWork with Performance Marketing team to ensure search strategy is in place and regularly tracked and monitored
- Work with our outside PR agency to get appropriate coverage for BSSP in press, trades, etc.… Ensure outside PR team is connected with creative resources director to understand the pipeline of work to best promote
Checks & Balances
In Order To Keep On Track And Focused, We’ll Do The Following
New business is fluid. Priorities can change daily depending on existing projects and new ones that come over the transom.
- Meet daily with direct report to establish priorities
- Meet weekly with a broader steering/execs team to update on the status of the pipeline and what needs to be done in the coming week, month, etc.
- Meet monthly with direct report to review growth plan – achieving goal of two meetings per month, tracking to overall annual revenue target, adhering to the content calendar, adding to prospect database generally making progress against very specific goals outlined in the growth plan
- Garner appropriate press for the agency and improve visitation to BSSP social channels
- Minimum of 8-10 years experience managing multiple accounts at an advertising agency or similar
- Strong knowledge of the creative, production and media planning process to help navigate and educate clients
- Excellent ability of setting and managing expectations
- Ability to evaluate work with a strategic lens, providing clear, strategically grounded feedback and suggestions to internal teams
- Sets very clear metrics for success with client partners
- Knows clients business/industry completely from a strategic and competitive standpoint; knows business inside and out; ability to translate complex subject into simple communication priorities
Please contact Sydne Long at firstname.lastname@example.org after submitting your application.
Your application has been successfully submitted.