This job is no longer accepting applications.
Giorgio Armani has an exciting Manager level opportunity with our ARMANI BEAUTY Marketing team in New York, NY.
Job Title: Manager, Beauty Category Strategy Marketing (Makeup/Skincare)
Reports To: AVP, Marketing – Giorgio Armani beauty
Division: Armani Beauty
Location: New York, NY
Job Summary: Working with the AVP Establish Armani Beauty as a key player by advising on the short- and mid-term vision for the brand, launching innovation, and building 360 programs to double market share in the next three years.
Be the go-to category and product expert to find portfolio efficiencies and market white spaces. Link this with an obsession with the US consumer to inform holistic portfolio management.
Be a cross-functional lynchpin to build 360 plans that accelerate growth with key retail partners, collaborating with all functions to strategize and execute best-in-class activations with tactical support.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years cosmetic marketing experience required
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Knowledge of industry
- Ability to handle a fast-paced environment
- Adaptability in a rapidly changing environment
Judgment and Decision Making:
Offers judgment and opinions on marketing strategy of team. Requires moderate supervision in decision-making.
Responsible for execution of annual budget and tracking all trends. Works with finance to reconcile budget trends vs. actuals for areas within brand responsibility: samples, print, displays, testers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
As a cross-category Marketer (Makeup/Skincare), focus on beating the market makeup trend by crafting always-on pillar strategies and bringing meaningful innovation to market in the Armani way.
Grow authority in complexion through Luminous Silk support and by relaunching Power Fabric in 2022 to claim share in the market’s largest foundation segment and achieve a top 30 rank.
Work closely with global marketing, Brand CAL, BEL and Omni CEX teams and Luxe COE partners to connect with consumers and shape launch messaging to inform 360 expression: content, media, PDP, sampling, merch, etc.
Potentialize market share in Lip with Lip Power (bullet), Lip Maestro (liquid), and innovation (code name “Lip Power Liquid”). Crack the top 10 with Lip Power, and top 5 with Lip Maestro, in the next three years.
Co-create assortments and concepts designed for the US consumer to grow base and decrease dependency on global demand.
Build Eye Tint’s equity in easy-to-use eyeshadow in close partnership with global teams to bring new collections to market and establish biannual 360 animations. Boost rank to crack the top 15 in no-palette eyeshadow.
Be the go-to category and consumer analyst for NPD market and POS data and reporting. Manage sku-level optimizations and forecasting in partnership with supply chain and demand planning teams. Track new launches with understanding what marketing touch points, retailer channels (heavy emphasis on Sephora/Nordstrom/eRetail) are driving performance
Brief projects in DPM to coordinator for all necessary information, maintain accurate files on ongoing projects, keep abreast of all timetables for new product launches and ensure that deadlines are met in a timely manner; identify potential problems
Assist AVP in developing recommendations and forecast proposals for new launch briefings that are presented in the TPA/MPM process for new products/sku’s as well as revised forecasts for existing businesses affected by launch
Execute portfolio rationalizations and shade analyses to improve productivity and manage sku proliferation per global and local targets. Manage E&O initiatives for Beauty.
Maintain deep understanding of market and portfolio movements with shade- and retailer-specific reporting. Syndicate with activation calendars to recommend next steps. Tie this granularity back to the big-picture vision to push short-, mid-, and long-term brand and product strategy.
Build O+O animations in key retailers including Sephora, Nordstrom, and Macy’s drive brand awareness and accelerate sales goals. Manage associated fuel including giftsets and samples for Beauty. Partner closely with Omni CEX for events/artistry/promotions.
Partner with the Sales, Creative, and Promo Purchasing teams to create merchandising that speaks to Armani DNA and elevates the omnichannel experience by bridging the gap between B&M/.COM.
Accelerate R.coms by partnering with KADs, EKAMs, and the social media director to build digital programs, and SEO-focused PDPs, that drive discoverability, recruitment, and conversion for both pillars and innovation.
Develop Beauty promotional strategy, working with global, local, account, and merchant teams to create impactful giftsets for key retail and hallmark events. Manage budget and P&L impact with Finance and Sr Management. Brief the Omni CEX team on promotional needs such as GWP, Gift Sets 12-18 months ahead of ship dates.
Own Beauty sampling strategy, budget, order, and development with global marketing and supply chain. Liaise closely with KADs and EKAMs to program units for key exposures and recruitment opportunities.
• Assist in creation of market retailer decks as well as driving procurement of needed lab samples/ products for meetings
- Assist in creation of needed
• Prepare Competitive Pricing Review of all product segments and major prestige brands bi-annually
• Maintain files of key competitive sampling vehicles/programs and competitive advertising and samples of new products as it applies to business segments
• Market visits on an ongoing basis
1. Leads with Human Sensitivity – Demonstrates respect, develops others (i.e. explains strategic objectives and the meaning of projects; manages junior members as needed) and enriches team dynamics (i.e. motivates the team to work with diverse personalities and cultures)
2. Displays Sensitivity to Our “Métier” – Focuses on quality, continues to build personal knowledge of the beauty business and understanding of beauty
3. Demonstrates Entrepreneurship – Takes initiative (i.e. demonstrates resourcefulness), focuses on customers, improves performance (i.e. improves work processes to save time and resources) and develops a vision
4. Innovates – Shows curiosity, imagines creative solutions generating business value, promotes team creativity (i.e. participates in creative controversy using insightful questioning)
5. Achieves Results with Integrity – Conveys energy, focuses on results (i.e. accelerates multiple tasks to meet deadlines) and acts with integrity
6. Manages Complexity – Reasons from multiple perspectives (i.e. analyzes issues by combining listening, observation, reasoning and common sense) and makes decisions (i.e. finds solutions when facing dilemmas)
7. Interacts Effectively – Listens and communicates effectively (i.e. presents confidently and convinces others) and actively networks
Please note: This job description does not list all duties of the job. Employees may be asked by management to perform other duties. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Beauty that moves the world