Director Site Merchant
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Director Site Merchant, Urban Decay
The role of D2C Site Merchant is the owner of the commercialization and sales planning process for our eCommerce platform in partnership with brand and category leads. They will be tasked with overseeing the product & channel strategy, leveraging data-driven insights to make channel decisions that will generate positive KPI results. This individual is our brand’s analytics expert, using data to build a “bottoms-up” plan to hit our sales targets. This role will use daily & weekly performance to better understand our consumer and ensure that their needs can be met through our eCommerce platform. This role must partner cross-functionally with the brand’s direct-to-consumer leadership, the sales team, the marketing teams, the Luxe Accelerator organization, and brand’s D2C sales panner.
This role drives collaboration and influences multiple levels of leadership to execute on the following key deliverables & responsibilities:
- Leader of the product and channel sales strategy
- Owner of a variety of analyses including category performance, activation results, and competitive analyses to help us better optimize our brand strategy.
- Adapt and cultivate a “measurement as a religion” mindset across teams.
- Responsible for the sales forecasting process by developing bottom-up sales and inventory plans, which are used to inform financial and inventory decisions inclusive of product mix, AUR, Sellthru, and Markdown vs. Reg Selling (core vs. promo vs. launch)
- Work with the sales planning team to perform the pertinent sales analyses and forecasting to help foresee risk and opportunities
- Work cross-functionally with our site teams to manage the site’s calendar of activity and promotion, plus any updates relating to merchandising to ensure optimal products are being featured.
- Owner of the logistical process execution for all promotional events, including but not limited to set up, testing, and quality assurance.
- Manage the customization and engraving processes as needed for any of the brand’s relevant products, including communications with the relevant vendors.
- Leader of the product sampling process, including securing the necessary and proper products as well as working with the relevant vendors and cross fuctional teams.
- Act as the brand’s lead for all call center communications and feedback as consumer’s reach out with needs.
- Lead the sales planning function for the brand, including managing a sales planner (direct report).
- College Degree
- 7+ years experience in a direct-to-consumer businesses with merchandising and commercialization exposure, sales planning and experience managing site experience a plus.
- Experience working in a “buyer” type role for retail a plus
- Experience with product sampling, engraving and product customization
- Ability to lead presentations and effectively analyze and translate data into actionable business plans
· Creative problem solver with the ability to prioritize initiatives and anticipate business needs
· Ability to build effective partnerships and interact successfully with diverse individuals at all levels
· Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to interpret complex data into actionable insights and optimizations
· Demonstrated ability to think strategically, innovatively, and creatively using sound business judgment and quantitative skills
· Proven ability to influence others
· Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities with attention to detail.
· Self-motivated, results and solution oriented, strategic thinker
· Strong time management and prioritization skills
Judgment and Decision Making:
This role will require a balance of analytical thinking, communication skills and data management skills as it will require a demonstrated ability to develop consumer knowledge and insight and to act on the data in collaboration with internal brand & external account partners. It requires constant interaction within a matrixed business structure (Marketing, Ecommerce, GM, CMO) to coordinate work and deliver objectives. Actively builds networks and becomes in-house expert on the account database to influence, convince, and introduce new ways of improving how we meet the needs of our consumer.
Financial Scope:Accountable for the planning and strategy associated with a business segment creating revenue of over $22M/Year with an objective to reach $50M/YR within 5 years.
1. Leads with Human Sensitivity – Demonstrates respect, develops others (i.e. explains strategic objectives and the meaning of projects; manages senior/junior members as needed) and enriches team dynamics (i.e. motivates the team to work with diverse personalities and cultures)
2. Displays Sensitivity to Our “Métier” – Focuses on quality, continues to build personal knowledge of the beauty business and understanding of beauty and Consumer Behaviors.
3. Demonstrates Entrepreneurship – Takes initiative (i.e. demonstrates resourcefulness), focuses on customers, improves performance (i.e. improves work processes to save time and resources) and develops a vision. Considers consumers a company asset.
4. Innovates – Shows curiosity, imagines creative solutions generating business value, promotes team creativity and utilizes data to draw new insights.
5. Achieves Results with Integrity – Conveys energy, focuses on results, deliverables and follow-through (i.e. accelerates multiple tasks to meet deadlines) and acts with integrity
6. Manages Complexity – Reasons from multiple perspectives (i.e. analyzes issues by combining listening, observation, reasoning and common sense) and makes decisions (i.e. finds solutions when facing dilemmas)
7. Interacts Effectively – Listens and communicates effectively (i.e. presents confidently and convinces others) and actively networks
Please note: This job description does not list all duties of the job. Employees may be asked by management to perform other duties. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Beauty that moves the world