Senior Manager D2C Site Merchandising Lead
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Senior Manager, D2C Site Merchandising Strategy Lead
Location: Hudson Yards, New York
The Senior Manager, D2C Site Merchandising Strategy Lead will help lead the way in redefining how our consumers shop online. This role is critical in shaping the consumer site experience strategy for L'Oréal LUXE’s portfolio of 9+ branded D2C sites, overseeing and driving the Divisional strategy for everything from visual merchandising to content to functionality and campaign planning and execution. This leader will drive impact, improvement, and innovation to create a truly aspirational & frictionless online shopping experience.
This role will leverage sales and web metrics and build out relevant reporting to make strategic, data-driven recommendations to the Brand teams, with a targeted focus on maximizing site engagement (especially via our ever-growing suite of Digital services & tools) to drive improvement in conversion rate.
This leader will also serve as the subject matter expert on Salesforce Commerce Cloud merchandising capabilities and upskill our internal and external partners. Finally, the role will lead the relationship with a team of Site Merchandisers who will focus on brand-specific activations of product, content and promotion on the sites.
A successful candidate for this role will be one who:
- Is a D2C merchandising expert. You will be the Divisional subject matter expert on both site merchandising best-practices that are proven to driven consumer engagement and conversion AND the technical features of the Salesforce Commerce Cloud Business Manager platform. This technical expert will also be responsible for keeping up-to-date with product releases and educating the Division on merchandising-specific applications & opportunities. This role also has the opportunity to drive change by influencing the future product roadmap.
- Provides strategic recommendations to our Sites to enable them to drive their holistic site strategy, using consumer insights to tell a cohesive story and create a seamless consumer experience thru visual site merchandising & site functionality (including navigation, hierarchy, search and browse, new product on-boarding, etc.).
- Is innovative and constantly looking for ways to set us apart from the competition by monitoring and evaluating competitive and industry trends in order to establish benchmarks. Must be an agent of change!
- Use data and insights to make informed and impactful decisions, with the ability to translate complex data into actions and improvements. This leader will oversee the development of site metrics and dashboards to monitor site health, providing strategic insights to business stakeholders to influence the overall direction for the site. They will adapt and cultivate a “measurement as a religion” mindset across teams and brands.
- Obsessed with operational excellence and getting the fundamentals right by identifying opportunities for efficiency and improvement. Creates and scales best-in-class efficient workflows, processes, and timelines, embedding and instills operational excellence into the ways our internal and external partners work. Invested in upskilling the team to increase capabilities and enhance skills, knowledge and performance.
- Build trust quickly and lead by influence, creating impact through partnership & ownership by becoming an invaluable strategic partner to the Brands. Advise on and partner with various internal teams to improve processes, identify opportunities, and scale best practice and governance, driving continual assessment and improvement of the site’s strategic direction and execution.
- Take lead role in senior management meetings, presenting in-depth analysis of insights and recommendations; must be able to sell and validate point of view with facts and analysis.
- Train, lead and develop team of Site Merchandisers, serving as the leader of the business, while simultaneously allowing team and cross functional partners the creative freedom and opportunities to act as the managers of their individual departments
- Management of the budget of external agency partner(s), as well as explore and suggest new tools and vendors that could help influence and advance our Site Merchandising strategy
- Share and socialize successful insights and tactics learned across other internal L'Oréal brands and partner closely with internal Digital teams, especially with the Director, Site Testing & Optimization (and team) to support online growth and testing opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 7+ years related experience in eCommerce Site Merchandising, or related field
- Direct to consumer eCommerce experience a requirement; experience in the beauty or luxury industry preferred
- Hands-on site merchandising experience – specifically on site search, sorting rules, promotions and A/B testing
- Prior management experience required; must have experience in successfully developing talent
- Ability to set clear team objectives and performance measures
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a cross-functional team and willingness to take on responsibilities outside primary job description when necessary
- Assertive, adaptable and demonstrates initiative in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- Mastery of Salesforce Commerce Cloud Business Manager; experience with Interaction Studio and other Salesforce tools a plus
- Proven experience with dynamic site merchandising software;
- Experience with JIRA, web analytics (Google Analytics preferred), and other site merchandising analytics tools
- Strong analytical mind with process orientation
- Ability to introduce innovative business ideas to partners and stakeholders
- Proven ability to effectively gain alignment and socialize innovation across a highly-matrixed environment
- Demonstrated success in being an internal digital champion
- Demonstrated desire and ability to work effectively at both the strategic and tactical execution levels
- Executive presence and strong presentation skills to interact with senior level management
- Ability to lead presentations and effectively analyze and translate data into actionable business plans and presentations
- Highly collaborative across different stakeholders in a matrixed environment
- Open to new ideas and actively builds networks to achieve goals
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Judgment and Decision Making:
This role will require strong time and team management skills to maintain the quality of both our internal and external deliverables. Manager will maintain constant collaboration with brand marketing teams to support their product animations and launches. Sound decision making and interpersonal skills are a necessity. This role will require intermittent supervision.
This role will require a balance of analytical thinking, communication skills and data management skills as it will require a demonstrated ability to develop consumer knowledge and insight and to act on the data in collaboration with internal brand & external account partners. It requires constant interaction within a matrixed business structure (Marketing, Ecommerce, GM, CMO) to coordinate work and deliver objectives. Actively builds networks and becomes in-house expert on the account database to influence, convince, and introduce new ways of executing a variety of strategy. This position will require moderate supervision to maintain a proper corporate direction.
Essential Physical Requirements:
Must be able to work in an office environment 3 days per week.
$500m+ growing direct to consumer eCommerce business.
Individual is accountable for managing the financial contracts and relationships for all 3rd party vendors for direct to consumer eCommerce.
1. Leads with Human Sensitivity – Demonstrates respect, develops others (i.e. explains strategic objectives and the meaning of projects; manages senior/junior members as needed) and enriches team dynamics (i.e. motivates the team to work with diverse personalities and cultures)
2. Displays Sensitivity to Our “Métier” – Focuses on quality, continues to build personal knowledge of the beauty business and understanding of beauty and Consumer Behaviors.
3. Demonstrates Entrepreneurship – Takes initiative (i.e. demonstrates resourcefulness), focuses on customers, improves performance (i.e. improves work processes to save time and resources) and develops a vision. Considers consumers a company asset.
4. Innovates – Shows curiosity, imagines creative solutions generating business value, promotes team creativity and utilizes data to draw new insights.
5. Achieves Results with Integrity – Conveys energy, focuses on results, deliverables and follow-through (i.e. accelerates multiple tasks to meet deadlines) and acts with integrity
6. Manages Complexity – Reasons from multiple perspectives (i.e. analyzes issues by combining listening, observation, reasoning and common sense) and makes decisions (i.e. finds solutions when facing dilemmas)
7. Interacts Effectively – Listens and communicates effectively (i.e. presents confidently and convinces others) and actively networks
Please note: This job description does not list all duties of the job. Employees may be asked by management to perform other duties. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Beauty that moves the world