Product Marketing Director
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Imperative is a peer coaching platform that uses the power of peers to support each other over time to become increasingly effective and fulfilled. The science-backed platform combines the effectiveness of coaching with the impact of building trusted peer networks that are proven to build resilient and high performing cultures.
Imperative is led by Aaron Hurst, CEO and co-founder. Aaron is the foremost expert on the science of purpose and fulfillment at work. In 2014, he brought global awareness to the rise of the fourth economic era in history, the Purpose Economy. Previously, as the founder of the Taproot Foundation, Aaron catalyzed the $15 billion pro bono service market. He has written for or been featured in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg TV, Fast Company, MIT Sloan Management Review and was named a LinkedIn Influencer.
Through Imperative’s video-based coaching platform, employees meet in rotating pairs for scripted peer-to-peer coaching conversations that are dynamically designed to adapt as their needs change. Imperative is quickly being adopted by employee-centric Fortune 1000 companies with distributed workforces as a strategy to increase productivity, inclusion, and fulfillment.
Imperative is a B Corporation and a Seattle-based tech start-up funded by Voyager Capital and Court Lorenzini, founding CEO of DocuSign. Imperative is the first fully automated peer coaching technology platform.
About the Role
Tired of marketing products that don’t really make a meaningful impact? What if you could market a product that addressed the greatest challenges in the workplace today - fulfillment, human connection, and belonging?
Imperative is seeking a purpose-driven product marketing leader to own our go-to-market strategy. Launched in 2020, Imperative grew 6X in 2021, working with incredible customers from Microsoft to Airbnb to Hasbro.
Imperative is committed to empowering our team to be fulfilled by building strong relationships, making a meaningful impact and constantly growing by pushing ourselves and each other.
You will work with leaders at some of the most visionary, progressive and innovative organizations. You will closely collaborate with the Imperative team, sharing successes and insights from our clients and contributing to product development.
You will bring fulfillment to thousands of employees across your client organizations and help Imperative scale the Imperative Platform to fundamentally change the nature of work.
You will become one of the top authorities on fulfillment and peer coaching at work, learn about dozens of forward-thinking organizations, and be a part of an exciting environment where you are responsible for your own success.
About the Successful Candidate:
At Imperative, we value feedback, understanding our mistakes, and celebrating accomplishments. You bring a passion for product marketing, a belief in the impact of peer coaching, and experience understanding the best way to communicate the value of a product to its customers. You are proactive, a self-starter, and enjoy collaborating across teams. You are excited to grow within a start-up tech company and comfortable with high levels of ambiguity and change.
As the Product Marketing Director you will specifically be responsible for:
- Messaging - define Imperative’s product messaging to successfully articulate the value to our buyers and the market
- Market intelligence and competitive landscape —be the expert on our buyers and the competition
- Sales Enablement - develop the training and marketing materials (decks, video, content, website, etc.) to ensure the success of the sales team
- Internal Customer Marketing - develop the strategies, materials, and training for our customers to drive product adoption
- Collaborate with product management to provide input into the product roadmap and plan successful product launches that maximize customer value
- Partner with outbound marketing to support lead generation programs and to test messaging
- Channel Management - develop and manage marketing channel partnerships to optimize for cost effective and sustained lead generation
- 5+ years of product marketing experience with at least two years experience with enterprise sales enablement (training, materials, market research, etc.)
- Creative skills to build and modify strong marketing assets (from email to decks to 1-pagers)
- Analytical skills to do market research and track ROI of programs
- Excellent people and management skills to engage with colleagues and customers
- 2+ years of internal employee marketing experience
- Experience working in the learning and development SaaS industry
Benefits begin on the first day of the month after your start date and include health, dental, vision, life insurance, optional 401k enrollment. Employee stock option grants are included in the offer package.
Based on the work we do, we know meaningful relationships, making an impact, and growing are core to feeling fulfilled at work. Therefore, we prioritize peer coaching conversations with our teammates and opportunities to reflect on our personal impact and growth. In addition, we value flexible schedules and unlimited vacation days -- all so that you can bring your best self to work. We also offer paid parental leave.
*Note: We are currently all working remotely due to the pandemic.
At Imperative, we celebrate differences, we support workplace authenticity, and we thrive on diverse viewpoints for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Imperative does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
As a condition of employment all offers are contingent upon completion of a criminal background check. An individual assessment of an applicant's prior criminal convictions will be made before excluding an applicant from consideration.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Meeting the social and emotional needs of people in the new world of work