Machine Learning Ops Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About Murmuration/What We Do
Murmuration is a political strategy organization that is transforming the politics of education so that every child can benefit from equal access to equitable and high-quality public schools.
We empower campaigns, advocates, and organizers to better engage and mobilize communities to demand improvements to the public education system. We advise and support our partners in their efforts to plan and execute successful, data-driven electoral, organizing, and advocacy campaigns so that together we can transform the politics of education. And, we build political influence, craft strategies, leverage data and develop technology that enable our partners to accelerate progress, particularly those in traditionally marginalized communities.
Who We Are
Our team includes experts and innovators in data, analytics, and strategy. We are former teachers, organizers, data scientists, nonprofit executives, political campaign veterans, and more -- and we are looking for people whose passion and expertise can help improve our work and realize our vision.
Murmuration’s role is to support organizations and communities through our political systems, to raise the profile of the issue of public education such that more Americans will prioritize the needs of our students, and to leverage politics to help to create the broader context in which those on the front lines with our children can thrive. We are focused on transforming the politics of education -- partnering with organizations across the country committed to organizing parents and communities around the issues of public education and educational equity, electing to office and holding accountable local leaders who will make improving public K-12 schools a priority, and advocating for policy changes with the goal of improving outcomes for children. To do this, we believe that it is critical that all of the political stakeholders-- electoral organizations, advocacy and organizing groups, charter associations, networks of schools, districts, elected officials, and voters -- contribute to a strong and politically savvy education sector that works together toward a common vision of improving public education.
About the Position
We are looking for an innovative Machine Learning Ops Engineer who would work with the Data Engineering Team and Data Science Team to design and implement the Machine Learning infrastructure that would allow us to deploy Machine Learning models in production effectively, quickly and at scale. Within Murmuration we use a variety of leading database technologies (AWS Redshift, Snowflake, mongoDB, Redis) and tools (AWS EC2, AWS S3, Python, Airflow) to process and store our existing data.
The Data Team is a highly collaborative, friendly, and hard-working group, and we are looking for team members that embody those values. The Machine Learning Ops Engineer will report to the Lead Data Engineer.
Note: At Murmuration, we are committed to becoming an even more diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace. To this end, all staff members are expected to sit on and actively participate in DEI (diversity, equity, inclusion) subcommittees. These subcommittees work to ensure that DEI is embedded in everything we do.
- Develop and manage end to end Machine Learning pipelines that can power the full range of machine learning capabilities of the data science team at Murmuration
- Build and maintain real-time, state of the art data pipelines to support Machine Learning infrastructure to ensure models are built to be scalable and reusable
- Ensure data quality throughout all stages of acquisition and processing, including such areas as data sourcing/collection, normalization, transformation, etc.
- Develop new tools and solutions to enable stakeholders to consume and understand data more intuitively
- Stay up-to-date with data science and Machine Learning tools in political and education domains
- Partner with different stakeholders to troubleshoot and investigate any data issues
- Functions as Machine Learning expert, contribute to solutions design and implementation decisions
Who You Are
Murmuration attracts employees with distinctive and diverse backgrounds and accomplishments. Integrity, creativity, flexibility, and drive are key attributes of competitive candidates. The ideal candidate will have:
- Masters or equivalent experience in Engineering, Machine Learning, Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math or related fields
- 4+ years of work experience in engineering and designing systems at scale
- 4+ years of experience with data infrastructure including AWS and Snowflake
- 3+ years of experience developing data pipelines, and orchestrating deployment of various Machine Learning models, including experience with Kubernetes
- 2+ years of experience in utilizing Machine Learning platforms for the ongoing development and deployment of models
- Experience in the evaluation and implementation of a Machine Learning platform solution (i.e. Domino, MLflow or Databricks)
- Skilled in programming languages like Python, Java/C++/C# and SQL
- Sound knowledge in dealing with large data sets for analytical approach and quantitative methods
- Experience in the consideration and implications of security expectations around our machine learning model process and infrastructure
- Solid understanding of machine learning fundamentals, and familiar with standard algorithms and techniques
- Ability to analyze a wide variety of data: structured and unstructured, observational and experimental, to drive system designs, data models and product implementations
- Good understanding of cloud computing and infrastructure concepts
Location, Compensation and Benefits
The Machine Learning Ops Engineer position is a full-time, salaried position with a comprehensive benefits package. It is based anywhere in the U.S., with location preferred in New York City. Compensation for this position is commensurate with experience.
An Equal-Opportunity Employer with a Commitment to Diversity
Murmuration is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and as an organization committed to diversity and the perspective of all voices, we consider applicants equally of race, gender, color, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, disability, political affiliation and national origin. We reasonably accommodate staff members and/or applicants with disabilities, provided they are otherwise able to perform the essential functions of the job.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Murmuration transforms how political campaigns, advocates, and organizers identify, engage, and mobilize people and communities.