This job is no longer accepting applications.
Summary of Position:
Responsible for all aspects of Front of House management at Nitehawk Cinema. Ensure cohesiveness amongst all location departments to promote guest satisfaction and employee fulfillment. Work closely with the entire global team in developing Nitehawk Cinema as the premier dinner and movie destination in NYC.
Specific Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Guest Experience
- Focus on guest experience and satisfaction at your location.
- Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given friendly, responsive, efficient and courteous service at all times. Handle disruptive guests when needed, satisfy guests when our service falls short, build repeat guest relations.
- Analyze customer comments and feedback via in-person/online/email and help develop ways to reflect those needs in the operation. Anticipate guest needs by constantly evaluating the Nitehawk Cinema environment
- Review and update guest policies when appropriate with the operation manager.
- Manage online presence of Nitehawk Cinema for guest review sites and follow up proactively to resolve customer issues on the sites or via infomail.
- Provide movie, food and beverage product information to guests, and answer any questions with courtesy and respect.
- Staff management
- Motivate staff through management by working floor shifts to ensure a leadership presence and complete understanding of issues of the operation.
- Oversee all active FOH managers and FOH staff, providing proper training, scheduling (including providing coverage yourself), onboarding, employee file upkeep. Ensure all managers handle discipline issues with open communication and fairness, while making sure that staff is getting weekly information, periodic check-ins and new-hire/ annual reviews when needed.
- Work in conjunction with the Director of Operations to ensure Nitehawk is compliant with all NYS labor laws. Meet mandatory requirements in regards to Federal, NYS, NYC training courses, as well as Nitehawk additionally selected courses for staff.
- Manage the hiring and termination process for FOH. Ensure all group emails, POS logins, and Schedulefly, Employee access is current. Be a resource for other departments and assist when necessary.
- Focus on creating opportunities for staff to learn, grow and develop their abilities. Ensure paths of promotions are clearly communicated and the process is adhered to consistently. Ensure staff receive feedback on their personal performance related to any promotions (or lack of promotions).
- Contribute to the daily oversight of all location staff, including kitchen, projection and bar. Work with department heads to ensure proper staff management across departments and oversee weekly payroll and labor costs. Assist Chefs and Beverage Director with HR, scheduling, and hiring needs when needed.
- Be present across all department staff meetings to represent FOH, and make sure all departments share general updates and information. Review agendas prior to meetings
- Make sure to continue to train and update management staff on proper use of documents and updates pertaining to their daily duties and responsibilities (I.g: training doc, tip pool, bank deposits) .
- Implementation of policies
- Assist the Director of Operations, Operations Manager and Executive Director with daily operations and company-wide goals (E.g new initiatives, events, company policy, guest experience, staff promotions).
- Understand and implement all policies, procedures, training programs as outlined in the Nitehawk Cinema employee manual. Contribute to updating these topics when needed.
- Facility management
- Maintain a pristine aesthetic at Nitehawk Cinema that will project a constant positive image, including all front of house and back of house operational areas, including managing porters in conjunction with kitchen. Ensure that location is a clean, safe, and DOH compliant facility.
- Contribute to maintenance and services calendar management including the superintendent.
- Manage F&B and ticketing POS maintenance and upkeep with Operations Manager.
- Assist in managing location specific shared google documents and folders
- Maintain facility binder and location permits
- Operations management
- Making sure that location expenses, reporting and bookkeeping are accurately related to weekly P&L detail.
- Oversee your location’s implementation of quarterly F&B menu changes in conjunction with the bar, kitchen and operations managers.
- Contribute to event management from FOH side, review event memos (asking questions of cinema dept and event coordinators and assigning duties to FOH managers), POS input, deposits, invoicing and confirming event staffing needs
- Manage chargeback disputes, as well as guest complaints on any charges.
- Provide general problem solving and foresight to ensure smooth operations. Focus on upcoming holidays, events, local activities (school breaks, city events), big movie releases
- Oversee weekly manager meetings capturing blog issues from the prior week, presenting solutions and then following up on plans of action
- Adhere to all cash handling, cash management and cash register policies set forth by Nitehawk Cinema operational policies and procedures and ensure proper cash management practices are followed.
- 5+ years of restaurant or theater GM experience with high volume and large staff.
- Knowledge of NYC and state laws regarding employment rights
- Food Safety Certification required at time of hiring. FDNY Fire Guard (F-01 and F-03) Certificate, TIPS certification within 60 days of acceptance.
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects independently
- Excellent professional verbal and written communication skills, and time management
- Ability to stay positive under pressure
- Available holidays, weekends and evenings.
- Experience with costs and managing company wide expenses.
- Large facility management experience a plus
- Legal working status in the US
- PC and Mac literate, Microsoft Office, Google Docs
Your application has been successfully submitted.