Social Media Community Specialist (Manager)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We’re looking for someone who’s excited to gain experience managing our social media communities, up-leveling their short-form copywriting skills, and working at a startup in the real estate education space.
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Open House Austin is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
Job responsibilities (~10 hours/week):
- Send welcome messages + timely follow-up messages or emails to all new followers on Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
- Engage on social media with relevant accounts to grow our audience and generate new business leads.
- Promote our online events to relevant audiences to increase attendance.
- Manage and create supporting content (copy) for our online client communities (Women’s Investor Group, Tiny House Guide, Homeowners, and Homeschool).
- Manage list of podcast reviews and client referrals for monthly & quarterly giveaways.
- Attend weekly check-ins with the team (typically Tuesdays).
- Assist with other miscellaneous tasks (example: podcast editing & transcribing).
The ideal candidate is:
- A self-starter who is passionate about organization.
- Detail oriented and will tweak and tweak to ensure all communication is “on-brand” and supports the greater mission of Open House.
- Willing to speak up when they disagree or do not understand the task at hand.
- A clear, concise communicator that’s receptive to ongoing feedback.
- Interested in real estate and helping others build their wealth through investing.
- A love of the Austin community and desire to help it for the better.
- Friendly and interested in growing relationships with clients and new followers.
- Tech and social media-savvy!
- Based out of Austin, TX or comfortable working fully remote
- ~1-2 years of experience and/or internships
- This is a part-time contract position ($15-20/hour) with room to grow based on performance (reviewed after 90 days) and company expansion.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
First-Time Homebuyer Education & Empowerment