Leader of Business Engagement, Transition Pathways
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, a comprehensive global research university and a major engine for economic development in the region. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
The AJ Drexel Autism Institute is seeking a full-time Leader of Business Engagement. This role will play an integral role in the oversight and growth of business and corporate relationships for Transition Pathways of the A.J. Drexel Autism Institute.
Transition Pathways convenes partnerships with schools, organizations, businesses, and community stakeholders to develop innovative approaches to support young adults on the autism spectrum achieve a successful transition to adulthood.
The Leader of Business Engagement will play an integral role in the oversight and growth of business and corporate relationships for Transition Pathways of the A.J. Drexel Autism Institute. Business development and outreach will be core components of this role. The Leader of Business Engagement will utilize an entrepreneurial spirit to strategically build existing and future business relationships. They will lead marketing and outreach strategies with the Transition Pathways team. These efforts will support the mission and vision of Transition Pathways of the A.J. Drexel Autism Institute. The Leader of Business Engagement will report to the Director of Community Impact, Transition Pathways.
- Tasks and responsibilities of this position may require occasional travel, evening, or weekend hours.
- Be a key member of Transition Pathways team, adding skills and experience to collaborative team efforts and programming
- Lead the development and implementation of a short- and long-term strategy to identify, recruit, sustain, and evaluate on-going employer and business engagement
- Join and actively participate in professional networking organizations, focused on workforce development
- Conduct market research and use knowledge of market and competitors to identify and develop the unique value of Transition Pathways initiatives
- Lead outreach strategies to foster business development and assist with content creation, design, and distribution of various high-quality communication materials for internal and external audiences (social media, website, brochures, blogs, articles, events, etc.)
- Utilize strong writing skills to lead writing process for projects (proposals, reports, presentations, etc.)
- Work with appropriate Drexel University departments and established processes and procedures to contract development
- Serve as primary point of contact; facilitate ongoing virtual, hybrid, and in-person meetings and activities with existing and future partners or clients
- Use evaluation metrics and data to make meaningful insights
- Lead content creation to celebrate Transition Pathways achievements
- Ensure all project implementation remains on time, within budget and meets outlined goals
- All other duties, as required
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (Business, Business Administration, Management, Marketing, Human Resources, Communications, Psychology) or 3 years of relevant working experience
- Demonstrated experience in business development and/or sales
- Demonstrated success in building relationships with business partners and/or clients
- Demonstrated experience in business-to-business sales and/or the development of mutually beneficial partnerships and/or contracts
- Demonstrated ability to develop and lead marketing and outreach strategies (marketing plan and oversee the content development and dissemination of blogs, videos, articles, social media campaigns, presentations, etc.)
- Possess a strategic mindset that is results-oriented and visionary, including the ability to generate new ideas for short- and long-term goals, approach situations analytically, factually and with empathy, and exercise good judgment in pursuing creative solutions
- Strong oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills; with ability to foster respect, build productive relationships and drive outcomes
- Exceptional writing skills, with demonstrated ability to craft a strong, clear message to varying audiences
- Capable of completing independent work as well as collaborating with multiple stakeholders
- Committed to supporting individuals on the autism spectrum and with other disabilities to obtain competitive integrated employment
- Committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace
- Typically sitting at a desk/table
Remote/University City - Philadelphia, PA
This position is classified as Exempt with a salary grade of K. For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Your application has been successfully submitted.