Venture Capital Fellowship
This job is no longer accepting applications.
At One Ventures is a Silicon Valley-based VC firm founded in 2020 by one of the co-founders of GoogleX. Operating out of our first fund, We invest in early-stage disruptive deep tech that can reset existing industries toward a world where humanity is a net positive to nature.
We are looking to bring on a fellow for four to six months to work alongside our team. We care deeply about improving diversity and inclusion in the venture capital industry and, as such, the fellowship is open to candidates from backgrounds that are traditionally underrepresented within the venture ecosystem. As prior VC experience is usually required for obtaining a role on an investment team, this fellowship will provide the direct investing experience to springboard underrepresented candidates into full-time roles at other firms afterwards.
This fellowship is a paid, four to six month opportunity starting in April 2022. It is open to candidates currently pursuing a graduate degree, individuals who are about to graduate from graduate school, or individuals who are looking to switch careers and may not currently be in school. Full-time is preferred, but part-time may be considered if the candidate is currently in the midst of graduate studies. This is an entirely remote role as our team is currently geographically distributed, though it is only open to candidates who are authorized to work in the United States.
- (70%) Assist At One Ventures team with deal-related work, including but not limited to sourcing new deals, joining calls with founders, assisting with due diligence, and participating in our regular deal flow meetings.
- (20%) Fully own 1-3 climate-related research projects or D&I-related projects, to be determined by the fellow and the At One Ventures team.
- (10%) Miscellany related to working at a relatively-new VC firm, which may include assisting with organizing events, supporting portfolio companies, and supporting internal operational needs.
- An interest in a career in venture capital. You may be a current or recent graduate student or looking to make a career pivot into venture capital.
- A deep passion for the planet. We are a mission-driven firm focused on helping humanity be net-positive to nature. While having an extensive background in climate tech is not required for this role, you likely will not enjoy it very much if you do not care about solving the climate crisis.
- Financial modeling skills, including intermediate to advanced Excel proficiency.
- Ability to work in the United States. This is a remote position, but our team is spread out throughout the U.S. and UK, so overlap with the team time zone-wise is critical.
- Highly organized, shown to meet tight deadlines along with consistent accuracy and methodic attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and driven; proven to work independently, prioritize work, and achieve results with a high degree of accountability.
- Experience in/comfort with a role with a degree of ambiguity, requiring proactive analysis, creativity and self-directed action.
- Fluency in English required. Fluency in other languages is a plus but not necessary.
- Nice to have: technical expertise. We are a deep tech firm so while we will consider applicants from all backgrounds, technical expertise is a bonus.
To apply, please answer the questions here.
Your application has been successfully submitted.