Product Marketing Director
This job is no longer accepting applications.
PRODUCT MARKETING DIRECTOR | BOSTON, NYC
We’re Sofar Sounds, your global music community. We bring people together in unexpected spaces in over 400 cities around the world. We’re artists, music lovers and organisers. We’re a company of musicians for musicians. We create, perform, listen and work to make intimate live music experiences that connect us all. Every show is focused on the artist.
As Product Marketing Director, you’ll lead product marketing for the world’s largest global concert community. We serve multiple stakeholders in a marketplace environment: artists, fans, hosts and a global network of independent show curators, and in this role you’ll bring together customer research, segmentation and in-depth product knowledge to articulate how we get the job done for our customers. You’ll represent the voice of the customer across our business and will lead across teams with creativity, and a customer-obsessed mindset.
Sofar has worked with over 30,000 artists, hosted over 1,000,000 fans at shows around the world and engages with millions more online each month. You’ll be the leader of a product marketing team who is passionate about creating an industry-leading culture that supports artists and introduces their music to new fans.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Maintain an in-depth, analytical understanding of all aspects of our customers, applying customer research insights to inform creative product strategies with a high-paced, iterative mindset
- Keep our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion goals at the forefront of your work, particularly for customer research, testing and messaging, so that we welcome everyone across cultures from around the world
- Support the development of our marketplace by identifying and validating target audiences for new experiences
- Foster a culture of creativity, testing, learning and iteration to scale quickly
- Partner with product managers to inform product development and release strategies based on customer research
- Craft product positioning and messaging that will be the core of our internal and external communications and creative assets, and reflects our core values of creativity, community and joy
- Lead go-to-market plans and coordinate across the marketing team to roll out integrated product marketing campaigns
- Partner with the community team to create simple, clear documentation and training, ultimately ensuring that messaging is consistent to customers around the world
- Ensure customer needs are met across all touch points, from the first time someone encounters Sofar to their post-show experience, and drive continuous improvement throughout
- Partner with the creative team to engage existing and prospective customers with creativity, sincerity and always with an artist-centric approach
- Create the appropriate measurement framework based on company, product and marketing goals
- You’ll also discover a lot of great new music from all around the world
WHO YOU ARE:
- Proven Product Marketing leader with a background in consumer product marketing, ideally in music, another creative field or events/experiences
- Expert in product positioning, messaging and communications with a track record of increasing product adoption
- Excited to help build a creative, test and learn culture
- Skilled in managing competing projects, ruthlessly prioritizing with an eye towards creativity and business impact
- Experience in a scrappy startup culture, with ability to execute under deadlines
- Genuine, demonstrated commitment to supporting artists and local music
DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION
We are proud to have a global workforce and strive towards having a diverse workplace. We have an Equity Council, Employee Resource Groups and ongoing learning and development in this area - DEI is important to us and our culture.
COMPENSATION, PAY EQUITY & BENEFITS
Our people and global communities are precious - we aim to treat them as such. At Sofar we feel strongly about the compensation and benefits that we provide across the board so that no matter your skill set or experience you’re paid fairly according to market rate, plus your health and wellbeing is supported through our local benefits packages.
LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT
We invest in your learning and development and strive to create a learning culture through formal and informal workshops, training, and a personal L&D budget and learning path.
We’ll work with you closely to support you throughout the hiring process. If your CV/ resume shows that your skills and experience have synergy with the job description, then we’ll hop on a call to say “Hello” and to start getting to know one another. If it’s not the right opportunity this time, we’ll always let you know.
Typically our hiring process takes a maximum of 4 weeks end to end. You’ll be guided through the process by our Talent team and an interview panel of lovely humans who will give you support and feedback throughout - we’ll do our very best to create an interview environment that brings out the best in you and sets you up for success.
If this sounds like you, we can’t wait to meet you - come on in.
Your application has been successfully submitted.