Content Manager & UX Copywriter
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Please read this ad thoroughly (and all the way to the end) and know we do not accept resumes without the accompaniment of a cover letter. We want to get to know you a bit, so help us out!
Enjoy the Journey With PixelSpoke!
PixelSpoke is an environment for the curious, solution-oriented, good-humored creatives inside each of us — and we’re looking for our next outstanding team member.
About the Position
The Content Manager & UX Copywriter is the champion for all things related to website content and is primarily responsible for delivering high-quality website copy for our credit union clients that follows UX best practices. The Content Manager & UX Copywriter will also manage the quality assurance process and coordinate other website-related content, like icons, images, and documents. The Content Manager & UX Copywriter will work closely with the project managers, as well as account managers, UX architects, designers and developers. We’re looking for someone who loves writing website copy; is execution-oriented; is excited to own and improve on defined processes; can meet deadlines; and enjoys interfacing with clients.
Key responsibilities include:
- Write website copy or review client-written copy during website redesigns
- Make key UX decisions about placement and layout of copy
- Work with project managers to determine timing of key content milestones, manage expectations with client, present to client, and offer copywriting/UX training as needed
- Work with designers to coordinate additional content, including icons, images, videos, and other media
- Oversee quality assurance process for website redesigns, coordinating with designers, developers and the project managers as necessary
- Work with UX architects, designers, developers and project managers to increase efficiencies in the website redesign process and improve our admin interface
- Work with account managers to determine copy/content-related projects that would be of interest to ongoing clients, such as content audits and conversion optimization, and execute on projects as needed
A Day in the Life
Each day starts with a short team huddle to get everyone on the same page. After that, you might respond to emails and answer questions from the internal team and clients about current projects. Then you might jump into a video call with a client to give a progress update on the latest round of copywriting feedback and ask questions about source material for key pages. At lunchtime, you might join a teammate on Zoom and chat while you eat, or go outside and get some fresh air.
After lunch, you join the UX Design Team meeting, where you’ll share recent highlights and delve into discussion and/or issues solving. You and your team might brainstorm ideas to improve the columns functionality in the WordPress backend or how to better sync up the design phase of the website redesign process with copywriting. The meeting closes with assigning follow-up tasks to team members.
Later you spend some time writing copy for 10 product pages into a staging site for a current website redesign project. You then draft a new digital payments service page for an ongoing client. You may meet with our digital analyst to brainstorm content edits that might increase conversions for an existing client’s account opening page. You end the day by addressing feedback from a client on some initial proposed copy for another website redesign.
More about the Position
We’re Looking for Someone With…
- 3-5 years of experience managing content and copy
- Excellent website copywriting skills, including the ability to translate technical financial language into consumer-facing language
- Understanding of UX best practices or a keen interest in learning
- Ability to create a brand voice or bring a defined brand voice to life online
- Adept organizational skills, excellent attention to detail, and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to manage client expectations, present to clients, be responsive to feedback, and build trusting relationships
- Ability to own, execute, and continually improve on a defined process
- Ability to work with other team members on complex projects with multiple moving parts
- Familiarity with the credit union industry, or a keen interest in gaining industry expertise
- An ownership mentality, who is excited about potentially becoming a co-owner of the company after three years
Year 1 Metrics
- Percentage of content-related projects completed on time and at or under budget
- Number of billable hours worked
- Amount of professional development time utilized
- Number of processes documented
- Are you passionate about the core responsibilities and tasks of this role?
- Do you have a proven track record of writing high-quality website copy?
- Are you a curious learner who is excited to deepen your credit union industry expertise and to sharpen your skills in UX and WordPress?
- Are you comfortable interfacing with clients, soliciting their feedback, and managing a complex process in conjunction with other team members?
- Can you manage your own time effectively and work well with a team to make sure projects stay on schedule and budget?
- Do you value racial equity and working with people from diverse backgrounds and identities?
- Does the prospect of working at a worker-owned cooperative excite you, or are you interested in learning more?
- If you’re not sure about your answer to a few of these questions, are you excited by the challenge of learning how to develop these new skills?
If you answered "yes" to these questions, we want to meet you!
What Does 100% Remote Position Mean?
This is a 100% remote position. We will provide a computer and most necessities for your at-home office set-up. This position may require additional travel to Portland, Oregon, up to 3 times a year for strategic planning (apart from the annual retreat). Travel and lodging for this will also be covered by the company.
To learn more about our remote work culture, please see pixelspoke.com/careers.
Why Join the PixelSpoke Team?
We have a lot of reasons for loving our workplace, but here are a few of the biggest ones:
- Our Core Values: Our culture determines how we communicate with each other and our clients, and everything we do is guided by our core values of Enjoy the Journey, Improve Every Day, Everybody Wins, Solution not Blame, Curiosity with a Purpose, and Authenticity. Learn more about our core values at pixelspoke.com/who-we-are/
- High Quality Work & Outstanding Clients: PixelSpoke has received numerous awards for our outstanding creative work, and we actively seek out clients that are aligned with our desire to make the world a better place.
- Business as a Force For Good: As a worker-owned cooperative and certified B Corp that has been honored as a “Best for the World” company in 2017, 2018 and 2019, PixelSpoke strives to make the world a better place by treating our employees well and improving our environmental, community, and workplace impact.
Our Hiring Process
We have a more thorough hiring process than most small businesses. This is because we believe that the cost of a mis-hire is enormous to both an individual and a company. Our process consists of several interviews, a review of your career history, and in-depth reference checks. We want you to find the ideal position for your skill set and strengths.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in the job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don’t believe you meet every one of our qualifications described.
People of all identities, including women, people of color, people with disabilities, people of different ages, veterans, members of the LGBTQ community, and formerly incarcerated individuals are strongly encouraged to apply. We have so much to say about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion; please read our full statement at pixelspoke.com/careers.
If there is anything we can do to accommodate you to participate fully in the recruitment or interview process, please let us know in your cover letter or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Apply
If you feel you can contribute to a dynamic, growing company, please begin your application process by submitting your application here, along with a brief cover letter that answers the following questions:
- What are your salary expectations?
- Which core value resonated with you the most and why?
No phone calls, please.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Websites that deliver and delight