This job is no longer accepting applications.
ReflectUS is the national, cross-partisan coalition that accelerates and maximizes the collective impact of Coalition members, people, and organizations working to expand political leadership of, by, and for all women.
About the Position:
ReflectUS is seeking an experienced fundraising professional who is successful using diverse strategies. The Development Director will report to the CEO and work closely with her to raise sustainable funding for the organization, which includes the Coalition of eight organizations. Both maintaining current funding relationships and experience prospecting and securing funding through a variety of funding streams will be essential. A successful candidate thrives on a small team, has a good sense of humor, excellent work ethic, strong writing skills, and a willingness to step in and do whatever it takes to achieve the organization’s mission and promote women in political leadership.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Manage all aspects of the grant process, including prospecting
- Manage all grant proposals and reporting; work with the CFO/COO to prepare budgets and financial reports as needed
- Manage grants calendar to track all proposals and reporting requirements
- Prospect to identify potential supporters
- Develop relationships with corporations
- Coordinate meetings with the CEO
Individual Donor Management
- Provide strategy to grow and expand the network of individual donors at all levels
- Prospect for individuals
- Coordinate meetings for the CEO to connect with current and prospective donors
Development and Communications
- Work with the Communications Director to strategize opportunities for the CEO to help raise the ReflectUS profile through speaking engagements, interviews & conferences, etc.
- Prepare materials for fundraising efforts like expanding the Giving Circle, email blasts, presentations, Giving Tuesday, etc.
Areas of Experience and Preferred Skills:
- A commitment to the ReflectUS mission
- 7+ years of fundraising experience in the nonprofit sector with proven results
- Bachelor's degree required
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, especially grant writing
- Strong interpersonal skills preferred
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills
- Extremely responsive to email and other correspondence
- Manage time effectively
- Excellent work ethic
- Maintain an environment respectful of different political viewpoints and other diversities
- Experience utilizing the following: Asana, Calendly, Google Suite, Salsa CRM/Engage, Slack, and Zoom
Salary and Location:
This is a full-time position. The salary range is $90,000-$100,000, based on experience. ReflectUS offers a full benefits package, including health benefits, and a 401K. The position is remote, but candidates should be based in the greater New York City area.
Using “Development Director” in the subject line, candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, and writing sample to email@example.com; PDF format preferred. The writing sample should be the applicant’s best example of the types of fundraising work that would be related to this position (grant proposal or report, fundraising letter, etc.). Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
ReflectUS is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and applicants from all backgrounds and identities are encouraged to apply.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
More Women in Office = A Stronger Democracy