National Director of Programs
This job is no longer accepting applications.
ReflectUS is the national, cross-partisan coalition that accelerates and maximizes the collective impact of Coalition members, people, and organizations working to expand political leadership of, by, and for all women.
About the Position:
ReflectUS is seeking an experienced policy professional with expertise in convening a National Working Group and State Network. This role will also support national campaign efforts (such as policy proposals and white papers), aimed at addressing those systems that serve as barriers to women’s political leadership. The Director will have experience building consensus among multiple stakeholders with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. A successful candidate has a good sense of humor, excellent work ethic, strong writing skills, and a willingness to step in and do whatever it takes to achieve the organization’s mission and promote women in political leadership.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
National Working Group Coordination
- Coordinate the National Working Group meetings, making sure objectives are being met
- Help expand this network of national organizations to make sure a diverse and wide group of women are being reached
- Respond to requests for information from Coalition members, nonprofit partners, policymakers, and stakeholders
- Prepare policy toolkit materials to distribute
- Provide data, research analysis, and support
State Network Coordination
- Coordinate the State Network meetings, making sure objectives are being met
- Help expand this network of state and community-based organizations from across the country to make sure a diverse and wide group of women are being reached
- Share best practices among the network
- Manage the resource hub
National Policy Strategy
- With direction from the CEO, lead and develop targeted and multifaceted strategy to build and develop the National Working Groups
- Utilize data-driven approaches to propose national policy strategies and solutions
- Collaborate with Coalition members to ensure strategies are consistent and do not conflict with their individual existing campaigns and programs
- Interface with national policy experts and organizations to ensure that women’s representation efforts are reflected in national policy agendas
- Develop publications (white papers, issue briefs, reports, etc.) as necessary
Areas of Experience and Preferred Skills:
- A commitment to the ReflectUS mission
- 7+ years of policy experience in the nonprofit, private, or public sector
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in the nonprofit sector
- Bachelor's degree required
- Strong facilitation skills preferred
- Experience with coalition building and expansion is a plus
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills preferred
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills
- Extremely responsive to email and other correspondence
- Manage time effectively
- Excellent work ethic
- Maintain an environment respectful of different political viewpoints and other diversities
- Experience utilizing the following: Asana, Calendly, Google Suite, Salsa CRM/Engage, Slack, and Zoom
Salary and Location:
This is a full-time position. The salary range is $80,000-90,000. ReflectUS offers a full benefits package, including health benefits, and a 401K. The position is remote, though candidates should be based in the Washington, D.C. metro area.
This is a full-time position. The salary range is $95,000-110,000. ReflectUS offers a full benefits package, including health benefits, and a 401K. The position is remote, though it is preferred that candidates are based in the Washington, D.C. metro area
ReflectUS is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and applicants from all backgrounds and identities are encouraged to apply.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
More Women in Office = A Stronger Democracy