This job is no longer accepting applications.
At Propel, our mission is to build modern, respectful, and effective financial tools for low-income Americans. Over 5 million people use our app, Providers, to manage their EBT benefits, stay up to date on critical government programs, save money, and earn income. Read more about the impact of Providers here. We recently expanded further into the financial services space, offering the best banking option for low-income Americans.
Our content designers design simple experiences that help our users navigate complicated topics. You'll work on product flows, new features, in-product messaging, taxonomies, blog posts, marketing materials, and more. You’ll collaborate with a cross-functional product team to continuously improve our product based on user research and analytics. You’ll also play a role in developing our evolving brand voice and fostering a cohesive brand story across our evolving product ecosystem.
Propel is a for-profit software company that holds its social mission at its core. Our investors include Andreessen Horowitz, the Omidyar Network, Kevin Durant, Serena Williams, and Nas.
We are strongly committed to hiring a diverse and multicultural team. We encourage applications from traditionally under-represented backgrounds, including those with direct experience with the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program.
- A chance to create a real impact on our growing team as well as the 5+ million users who rely on the content you’ll be designing
- A fun, caring, get-stuff-done culture
- Meaningful work and a strong shared sense of mission
- Competitive compensation (including equity) and excellent benefits
- A dog-friendly office based in Downtown Brooklyn, with the option to work remotely
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with researchers, product designers, product managers, data analysts, and engineers on compelling solutions for our users
- Write a lot of meaningful copy, with a focus on translating complicated concepts into clear language
- Design, write, test, and improve product flows, information hubs, new features, taxonomies, and other types of content across our product and marketing ecosystem
- Conduct research and analyze data to determine the impact of the experiences you craft
- Refine our content management systems and processes
- Develop and champion our evolving brand voice, style, and mechanics
What you have:
- 4+ years of experience as a content designer, content strategist, UX writer, or a similar type of content-centric design role. Or maybe you’ve never had a design role, but you’re a strong writer who’s hungry to learn. Or maybe you’ve only worked in an interaction or visual design role, but you want to focus more on content. If you think you’re the right person for this job, we want to hear your story!
- A portfolio of design work and/or writing samples
- Proficiency in grammatical rules and the confidence to know when to break them
- Love for the forest and the trees: you can comfortably switch between high-level strategic thinking and hands-on designing daily
- A way with systems: you can develop and sustain the complicated systems vital to support large-scale content experiences
- Proven track record of leading projects
- Proficiency in or ability to quickly get up to speed with Figma
- Bonus skills: user research, analytics, interaction design, visual design, SEO, editorial strategy
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Propel builds modern, respectful, effective technology that helps low-income Americans improve their financial health.