This job is no longer accepting applications.
KickUp is looking for a Software Engineer to join a team that is reimagining how school districts grow their most valuable asset: their people.
KickUp aims to empower educators by meaningfully engaging them in professional growth. Our platform helps educational leaders capture data about teacher growth and use it to drive better outcomes for students. We’re a growing team building a product used by tens of thousands of educators. Joining KickUp at this early stage means you’ll play an important role in shaping our product, team, and culture.
About the role
As a software engineer at KickUp, you will:
- Build a modern platform that empowers educator growth. You’ll build features that help school leaders better support their teachers and improve the performance and reliability of our product as our user base rapidly scales.
- Work across the entire stack. This is a full-stack position and you’ll have the chance to learn and contribute to our React frontend, our Django backend, and our Terraform-managed AWS infrastructure.
- Work closely with product managers, designers, and other engineers. You’ll work on projects with a cross-functional team where you can easily collaborate with peers in various roles.
- Help shape our engineering culture. We’re a small but growing company, and you’ll have the opportunity to help us establish best practices, norms and processes as we scale the team.
Some projects you could work on include:
- Adding new data visualization capabilities to our analytics platform to make it easy for end users to synthesize meaning from tens of thousands of data points.
- Building new features with best-in-class UX to streamline the workflows of teachers and the staff and administrators who support them.
- Optimizing API endpoints and database queries to handle ever increasing scales of data and usage.
We believe diversity breeds innovation. We’re building a product that improves the way all teachers and all students are supported, and to do that well, we need a workforce that’s representative of the users we serve. We are actively looking to add members to our team who will bring diverse backgrounds, new perspectives, and a willingness to challenge us to improve the work we do every day. We recognize that underrepresented groups may be less likely to apply to a role if they don’t meet 100% of the listed qualifications. We are committed to growth and we encourage you to apply if you meet a majority of the qualifications and this role is aligned with your career trajectory and interests.
You might be a fit if you:
- Have 2+ years working as a professional software engineer.
- Take ownership over the outcomes of your work and go beyond meeting the minimum requirements to deliver a great product experience for users.
- Are energized by learning and are continuously hunting for ways to hone your craft.
- Have a collaborative attitude and are comfortable communicating with both technical and nontechnical colleagues across the company.
Why you should join KickUp
Our mission is to empower educator professional growth using data. Your work at KickUp will lead to system-level change in education.
Our team is humble, sharp, and user-focused with a unique blend of both mission driven and business smart qualities.
Our product is a dynamic professional learning and growth platform. It helps give educational leaders an actionable picture of their program's effectiveness.
Our culture breeds innovation through diversity. We want to add team members who bring diverse backgrounds, new perspectives, and a willingness to challenge us to improve.
This is a remote, full-time position that can be performed anywhere within the US.
The base salary range for this position is $100k-$110k with growth potential.
We offer stock options in our growing company, and a variety of medical, dental and vision insurance options. We also provide opportunities for professional growth including a $600 annual individual stipend for professional learning.
We believe in the importance of recharging and offer a flexible PTO policy. Most of our employees average between 15-20 PTO days per year in addition to 11+ paid company holidays. Our team also enjoys Focus Fridays — a day without Slack or meetings, to provide flexibility and focus time.
KickUp is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, KickUp will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application has been successfully submitted.